new growth coming in yellow after attempting to lower PH

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ToKKin, Jun 16, 2022.

1. so i started adjusting the PH about a week ago and i noticed that the new growth is coming in yellowish. this is the first year i have tried adjusting the PH and i am unfamiliar with what is happening. i have been adjusting the PH down in the water/fertilizer to about 6-6.4 and when i check the soil with the probe it is still coming up as 7-7.2, but clearly something is happening as the plants started to turn a little yellow on me. does anyone have any input? i guess for now im going to stop messing with the PH since the plants looked fine before i started tweaking it.

20220615_073128.jpeg 20220615_073110.jpeg 20220615_073121.jpeg 20220615_073138.jpeg 20220615_073150.jpeg

2. it will take 3-4 days for your effects to show

after that with increasing yellow consider feeding by foilar

add 1/2 tsp to a pint spray bottle with warm water shake and spray 1x per 48 hours

Always always have more than 1 ph tool so you can double check,

pool stripes from your local 7/11 for $5.00 is good value

good luck

3. Where’s the perlite?

4. I looked into foliar feeding and it looks like the fertilizer I have has instructions for it so I may give that a go. I'm thinking the ph meter I got might not be very good since I got some rain last night and the plants are already looking better so I ordered another electronic meter as well as some strips so I'll see if my meter was just giving me bad readings and causing me to go too low

5. I had some pretty slim picking yo choose from ad far as soil goes unfortunately. The only thing they had was some organic compost raised bed soil. This is the first time I've actually used pots. Normally I grow them in a raised bed out back but we had some really nasty rain for like 2 weeks straight and they got flooded out and I couldn't get it drained adequately so I just ordered those fabric bags on Amazon and bought a bunch of soil last minute since they were sitting in their starting pots already for waaaay too long

6. Ok yep.. I got a second ph meter which had 3 packets to calibrate it. The new one is spot on and the old one was reading between 0.9 and 1.2 ph off... so it looks like I was probably setting the water down into the high 4s to low 5s previously. So now with 1 ml per gallon it brings it down to 6.15 and the old meter is reading 6.8