New Growth Burt And Yellow- HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by prestons84, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Six plant bubbler system
    5.5 pH
    Bagseed
    2 weeks veg
    Dyna gro/bloom nutes
    1/4 strength nutrients
    I don't have a ppm meter yet, i ran into some financial problems and am in the process of getting a better light and a ppm meter.

This only seems to be occurring on a few plants, but the new growth is coming out really really light green, turning yellow and then brown spots when it folds out more.
    Picture of one of the plants:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What could be causing this?

2. For one I am pretty sure that plant is being overwatered. (unless you have done a flush recently)

For the yellowing, and brown spots... those pictures arn't that high of a resolution. So I can not see exactly what browm spots you are talking about. Is the yellow limited to between the veins? If the veins running through the leaves are still green but in between them are yellow, then it's definately a magnesium deficiency.

3. #3 prestons84, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
    I really don't think it's overwatering because it's in a hydro system ( A BUBBLER) and the water levels are about as perfect as I can get them. Also again, it is only happening on two plants. How can two plants that are in the same amount of water and nutes that the other four plants are in be over watered? The others seem like they would be yellowing as well if that was the case, esp. given the foot and a half long roots on them. How do you not see the yellowing middles of the plant in these pictures?? You can't see the brown spots well, but you really dont need to. The new growth comes out really yellow, then it turns brown. It's been over a day since I've had this problem, and still nothing on how to fix it???
    HELP

THEY ARE DYING

4. #4 thosevacanteyes, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008

I use a standard 3 part nute system on my dwc grows(micro, grow and bloom)

Are you mixing the nutrients well?

I have never had any overwatering problems while growing in water.
    Maybe its a deficiency, Nitrogen?

Sounds like an issue with the mixture/medium to me, but I could be wrong.

-C

5. I'm mixing the nutes fine as far as I know. Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it??? Theyre not doing anything but getting a lot worse. Someone has got to know something. I can't find shit about it on google

6. prestons84 - I had that issue with one of my plants, the leaves started to get yellow, then brown spots all over and they curled under, i freaked out.

i did some reading and decided they were being over fed, so i drained my bucket, washed it out, and started over with fresh water, no ferts, left it like that for 2-3 days, the new growth started showing signs of the plant being o.k. and now the spots are completely gone on the top leaves.

I'd say give em a couple days with no ferts, and then slowly add some in as they show signs of new growth with no problems. also do less ferts than what you were before, start with half of what you used originally.

7. THANK YOU. Since the yellowing is only on two plants will the other four be alright without nutes for that long? Also the healthy plants seem to be getting plenty of nutes, no yellowing or burning. I guess I don't really have any other choice than to give this a try though.

8. The other plants should be ok, and if you are worried about them you can always shorten the period that you leave them without nutes and slowly start to replace them.

Also, as far as only some plants doing it, it is very possible for that to happen, out of my four plants in my one bucket system, only one was showing signs of burning, so it is not out of the ordinary for some to be ok and others to be showing symptoms.

Keep us updated.

9. Thanks man. One of the two plants cleared up without doing anything and the other one just kept getting worse, so I pulled it up. Everything is looking great again aside from my fuck-I-missed technique on a few of them. All I ended up having to do really was adjust the pH. The one plant I yanked has had trouble from seed though.