New growth at 6 week of flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Greencamoflaugh, Jul 6, 2010.

1. I know the title may be a bit different in meaning than you think, but this is my first grow and at 6 weeks of flower I seem to be having a large amount of new flowers popping on the top of my buds.

So over the last couple weeks I have watched the hairs on my buds change color to light hues of pink, and orange, and red. But all of a sudden there are a bunch of nice, new, fresh white hairs.

My question: Is this a sign that the legendary "last couple weeks of flower swelling" that I hear about? Or is there a sign to look for other than noticing the swelling after it starts.

2. Dood just because they are "flowering" doesn't mean they aren't growing still. You should just know when to harvest as the plant sorta shuts down. You can just feel harvest time.

3. Agreed, you'll get a lil bit of constant growth even during late flowering. Nothing to worry about, but check your light seals to make sure no light is getting into the room for at least 12 hours a day.

4. Guys there are no light leaks. And I am not talking about vegitative growth either. I am seeing a whole new set of female flowers and nice new white pistils exploding on the tops of my buds.

Did you guys even read the OP or am I not being clear in my questions?

5. That's a good thing...

You don't expect your plant to flower, when it's in flowering stage?

6. LOL! I only was wondering if this was a sign of the late flower swelling that I hear about.
    There was a consistant cycle of new flowers that appeared from week 2 to week 5. But that stopped and I saw no new pistils for a while. Now there is a bunch more comming on.

[​IMG]

7. Yeah, that's normal. If you want (i don't know why anyone wouldn't), add a tablespoon of un-sulfured molasses(stuff to make pecan pie) to every gallon of water. Use that mix to water during the last couple weeks of budding. It gives the plant essential sugars it needs to swell nice and fat. Also, adds a nice fresh taste.

8. Yeah, I use molasses. I used it a couple times a couple weeks ago. I figured as soon as I see some amber in the trichs I will water with only molasses until harvest.

9. Yeah, that's the way to go. How are you planning on drying?

10. this is irrelevant to your question, but damn that is a beautiful plant. good job man

11. Dry will be to hang for 3 days, paper bag for 2-3 days, jar for a month.

@ CAmpania- Yep, sure is :) Bagseed FTW!! Well it's kinda bagseed. My buddy had 4 strains outdoor, no males, but maybe one hermied or another outdoor crop pollinated it. So it could be anything. So I call it bagseed.

Check out the last 2 pages of my grow journal for pics of the other plants.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/591448-greencamos-first-grow-bagseeds-5.html

12. Be really careful not to let the bud mold.

13. Yeah, I will keep a close eye on it. I just tried this method and it worked great.