New grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NFLguru, Aug 27, 2007.

1. hey whats going on just wanted to post some pics of my 1st sucsessful grow it is a female . is it ok to cut fan leafs during flowering? how does my plant look ? is it up to par or is there anything im doing wrong that you can see. now i have heard about tucking and tiing the leaves to let more sunlight so i dont stress the plant but how woudl i go about doing that? thanks for the tips and any advice ya'll can give me thx

Attached Files:

2. That plant looks beautiful, just keep in the dark till its start budding then take it out thats bout it.:cool::confused_2:

3. Darth, I don't know what you're talking about. I agree that the new growth does look nice, but that plant is not "beautiful", the internode spacing indicates it has been stretching for light. I also don't know what you mean by advising to "keep in the dark till its start budding then take it out." If you are talking a brief period of dark (24-48 hours) to kick-start the flower cycle then that might be OK, but this looks like it might be under sunlight in which case I would advise letting nature run its course.

NFLguru, how much light is that plant getting? Is it all sunlight or any indoor lighting? If all outdoor lighting, what part of the world are you in?

Don't cut leaves unless you absolutely have to. There is no special technique to tucking and tieing -- for tucking just bend a leaf stem until you can tuck the leaves behind another part of the plant the let's light where you want it, and to tie you can use string, pipe cleaners, bent coat hangers, anything that you can use to pull the leaf or branch out of the way.

4. it gets sun from the time i get up which is 530 sunrise 6-6:15 until the sun goes down around 830 or so maybe earlier. i live in massachusetts. i appreciate the advice. it has been outside since it has been a seedlinig.

5. Agreed.

6. That certainly should be enough light time, and while Mass is up North it still should be a latitude to give you good sun during the summer. Not sure how to explain the internode spacing then.

Just keep doing what you're doing. She should be budding up pretty soon. G'luck.