New grower

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reid77, Aug 18, 2018.

1. New to growing I have two led lights one is 350 watts the other is 1000 watts looking to buy more was looking at quantum boards and other boards wondering what's recommended I have 4x4x7 indoor tent and dont seem to be enough lighting any advice would be great I attached a pic of my setup I want to be able to grow four plants

Attached Files:

2. HLG 300 quantum boards - that is what I am going to upgrade to

3. How many would I need for the size of my tent

4. 2

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like the idea of 8x QB132 boards and 2x HLG-320H-2100 drivers. you could also do it with 2x LRS-350-36 driver if you want to save somer money.
    Perfect fit and coverage for a 4X4 tent for both veg and flower seed to harvest and low enough heat from the boards even at full power that no heatsinks are required.
    step up would be 2x QB288V2 with slate 2 heatsink combo's and an HLG-600H-54 to run all 4 boards or divide it with 2x HLG-320H-54 or HLG-240H-54. The HLG-240H-54 would run the boards ar less than maximum power so they would run cooler and more efficient (still PLENTLY of light)

The HLG-300 mentions is basically a prebuilt kit ready to hang consisting of a single pair of the QB288 boards - good for a 4x4 to veg but recommended flowering is only 3x3'. unless you supplement this light with something else it's a bit low to flower in a 4x4 space based on their recommendations.
    edit: saw now that the HLG-300 recommendation was made to 2 units for that size tent. :)

6. Thank you very much cheers

7. I can buy on ebay 2 - 500 watt led lights for under around $200 to go with the two I already have or switch to quantum boards what would be the better option? Thanks

8. depends on your situation
    the quantum boards willl def. be better but cost alot more
    you can add to what you already have but may still NOT get the output you desire
    I cant afford the quantums right now so I using cheap ones - just not getting monster output with what I have

9. I can get 4 quantum qb132 3000K boards on amazon for around $150 would these be good or go bigger than that?

10. I would need to see the wattage that is what makes the diff. more watts more output with QB's especially

11. I think I'm gonna add two more Mars hydro 600watt led with the lights I have for my next grow on Ebay $400 for 2 of them

12. Maybe you can try the new series. They are better. :hookah:

13. what new series of lighting are you talking about

15. Probably this new series
    MarsII 900 veg spectrum LED grow light custom spectrum

16. I'm hearing the quantum boards are better

17. I have seen the results and so far the best is from HLG quantums
    I plan on getting several of the QB304 putting two of them on the dual heatsinks as soon as I can afford to

18. I built this today. Was about $500-ish.
    [​IMG]

19. Mars II and Mars pro II :D

20. What size of tent are you using