New Grower with Miracle Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Azstoner, Aug 28, 2016.

1. So I'm new to growing just started my first plant with miracle grow and 2 cfl 42w bulbs. It seems to be growing great and pretty fast. I've read that mg isn't the best after I started it. Should I be worried. I post pics of progress so far and will continue to update. First pic is day 3 second is day 7 third is day 13 20160823_071746.jpg 20160824_143329.jpg 20160827_063001.jpg

2. #2 FunTimeGrowHap, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    No going back now.....you are team miracle gro. Keep those lights close and don't over water. I would take it really easy with any plans for nutes as MG has time released whatever. Maybe something like seed sprout tea or a little proteKt, but that's it. And more root space space for them is all the better.

Good luck and happy gardening!

• Like Like x 1
  3. In my experiences, strong soil at the begging stages can be too powerful sometimes. But water lightly and i would say to transplant with a soil more suitable towards cannabis's needs. But also, as long as you don't see any issues keep going on with it :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you any recommendations on the soil to change to?

5. Thank you I will go.easy on any nutes at first. Thanks

6. Your seedling looks great. She is green, healthy, and developing properly. Though I have always been advised to avoid Miracle Gro, your's seems to be doing well. Avoid nutrients as long as you can. MG feeds through a "time released formula". Keep an eye out for burns. If these do occur, you'll need to flush your plant thoroughly and put it a more balanced soil. Let us know how she continues to grow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you I will.

8. Don't add any nutes until plant shows the need .for them
    Your plant way not need nutes for a month or even two .
    And I will jump on the band wagon and say do NOT over water
    Suggest if you are going to update all the time just start a grow journal and do it there ..

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've had good luck using happy frog for veg, but soils can vary based on the strain, some like higher nuted soil and some lower. Just do some research on soils and try to find a hydro store near you

• Like Like x 1
  10. I grow with MG,so be very careful using nutes. I wouldn't use them unless they let you know that they need them.a plant will let you know when it needs something

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I had miracle grow at the beginning of my grow and potted up into fox farms ocean forest and the plant loved it.

New and open to any suggestions from the masters.

12. Yes mine is thriving. Gonna post some more pics when I switch. How did yours taste?