new grower who needs advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cobra99, Jul 25, 2011.

1. hey guys im new to the site but have been smoking for years. i got some seeds from a friend who told me they were "Blue Dream" although I'm not sure it was entirely accurate. I started growing them outdoors in Wisconsin at the start of June. They are now a foot and a half to two feet tall but i noticed a difference in the branches connecting the leaves in two of the plants. They have a red tint and are shorter than the other plants. I was wondering what the reason for this is and also when i should expect my plants to start flowering. thanks!

2. #2 GuerillaNugget, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
    As far as I know, Blue Dream is a clone-only strain, some seedbanks have what they say are blue dream seeds, but who knows... sounds like these shorter plants with the red on the petioles/branches may either be a different strain, perhaps more Indica heavy genetiics... or, they may just be 2 different phenotypes of the same strain, meaning seeds from a hybridized strain sometimes show sativa dominance, and sometimes indica....u should be harvesting whenevr theyre ready, watch for the trichomes(crystals) to start turning amber, get a magnifier for this, and keep asking questions. research is your true homie, especially for methods/time of harvest and curing...hugely important... good luck, broheim.

3. P.S. My buddy pulled his Blue Dream(from clone) last year right at Halloween.... he cured it until early December, and had about 3lbs per plant. It was the best he grew by far out of close to 40 plants...

4. wow that's amazing!if i got a pound per plant i'd be happy, but do you think that they would be okay outside that late in the year? i live in wisconsin keep that in mind. the temp in October could be anywhere from lo seventies to low fourties at night. don't want my babies gettin frosted

5. I did blue dream last outdoor that's about when I remember finishing forties is a bit cold for them maybe put them in a shed or some at night and just a warning watch out for fucking caterpillars they love blue dream no bullshit last year I did 3 og kush and three blue dream they ate like 3 oz of blue dream and only one lil nug of the og those lil fuckers

6. I love predatory insects, the bud eaters can go get endangered for all i care..