new grower: plant can't support itself

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dcmind, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Ok, I'm a new grower, got a setup in my closet. I have a few questions:

1) My tallest plant reached out 10-11in and since the stem is so thin, it can't even support its weight. Is this normal? I'm using a seed I got from some shwag..

2) Im using 2 60 watt plant lights. Hey I'm broke, and I cant afford that HPS stuff, will they do for now?

3) Is is possible to get some high-grade KB seeds legally in the US, you can never find them when u buy a bag.

Thanks

2. Hey dude,

1) The plant is stretching because the light is too far away. Problem is, with the bulbs you're using, if you move them closer you'll risk cooking the plant. You need flourescent light. Keep the plant no more than 2 inches away from the light at all times. Fluorescent light runs cool, so the plant can even touch the light, but not for long periods.

2) Get rid of the incandescent bulbs. They won't work. Go get some cheap fluorescent tubes. Scrape up $20 and get as many as you can. Home Depot seems to be the cheapest.

3) It is possible to get awesome quality seeds in the US, even better than KB. http://www.seedsdirect.to/ A friend of mine had a good experience with Nirvana, they're cheap as hell compared to some, plus if you buy 3 packs, the fourth is free I think.

Anyway, I think if your plant is 10" and still a baby you might wanna scrap it and start over. Find a grow guide and read it, then read it again. Weed is pretty easy to grow, but you need to have some knowledge to grow something worthwhile.

Good luck....
    -J