New grower need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fazioj, Jul 12, 2017.

1. So I was reading around some forums saying that mixing hydrogen peroxide in water helps root development, and prevent things like mold and pests.

At the moment, I'm at about 12 days from seed, planted in ffof soil in solo cups. I watered the plants with the hydrogen peroxide solution about 2 days ago using drug store 3% (which now I'm reading is bad because of impurities).

Today the plants look healthier then ever and are really starting to take off, but I'm am worried about what I am reading about the peroxide that I used having impurities and not being food grade.

So my question is, if I stop watering with peroxide, will the smoke from these buds be safe? Or am I better off starting from scratch again?

All replies would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. And hydrogen peroxide also kills beneficial bacteria and microbes. There is enough nutrient content in your soil for you plant to grow a health root system. Additional nutes possibly may be needed at a later date. At this stage, I would just use water.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You are so far from harvest that almost anything you put in there will be gone before you harvest. Peroxide is good for some issues, but there's no reason to use it as part of a regular feeding schedule. At least to my knowledge. Maybe in a dwc but not in soil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. So as long as I stop now, I should be safe to continue with this grow? I will be transplanting into new soil in a few days, so that will introduce more good bacteria?

5. Yeah you'll be fine.

6. Thanks for your quick reply! That eases my mind a bit. Any tips for preventing pests when introducing new organic soil?

7. Just make sure your rh isn't above like 75-80% and you allow ample time to dry out your soil between waterings. And good air flow in your grow space. That with regular foliar spraying top and bottom of leaves will make an environment that's not good for bugs. If you're really worried about bugs use something like dr brauners or neem oil during veg 1ce a week. And maybe those yellow gnat traps. But proper airflow, ph, and foliar sprays is all I have had to do this far.

8. Any recommendations for a foliar spray?

9. I just use ro. Nothing else. You can put nutes in it but unless I'm seeing a bad deficiency I just stick with plain ro phed at 6.5ish