new grower, need help... 6 big plants *pics*

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buddha1337, Mar 14, 2009.

1. #1 Buddha1337, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    [​IMG]
    when should i start to pluck these biatches off? i am new at growing in case you couldnt tell. im kind of a brown thumb, thats why i bought these when they were 5 feet tall already. they are on a 12/12 light cycle, 6 plants, i put em in 3 gallon buckets (the ones with the holes in the bottom) and submerged (not over the dirt.... der) them in big salad bowls filled with water, and no ventialation yet :( but i do have a standup fan on em oh, and a heater set to stay at 85F.

2. imo there no need to remove the fan leafs unless there blocking to much light for some of the buds below and I mean if theres a fan leaf thats like one in above a bud site then I would remove it

3. The best way to tell when the plant is ready to cut (IMO) is to examine the trichomes. (tiny resin glands on the buds and small "sugar leaves")

I cut mine when the trichs are cloudy/milky white but there are many who wait until they turn amber.

4. i just want em to be as big as possible before i cut. thanks for the help though guys! +rep to both of you!

5. a good estimate is when 70% of the hairs/ pistils turn brown or orange.

6. Brown Hairs and Amber Trics are the only way to tell now, you determined the size when you ended the vegetative light cycle, now you really have to harvest at peak "ripeness". Hand microscopes are available in a lot of places and make checking the trichomes very easy, if you arn't color blind like me!

7. you could always sample smoke it too. Pluck a .5 off each one dry them and smoke em... remeber to mark each one and then decide based on your buzz. afterall your the one whos going to be smoking it man.

8. bad idea, smoking uncured bud will only make you want to kill yourself. No, but it isnt nice.

Go by the tris, under a 30x to 100x little microscope, and they look cloudy amber.

theres a sticky around here

9. here's how to make your girls pout on some weight before you harvest.....add a couple of table spoons 1-2 of (REAL) organic molasses AKA (syrup) to each gallon of water you use and ur girls should put on about 25% more weight...*note* this must be done for atleased 5-6 weeks to see noticeable growth

10. i tried that, and after a couple hits i was fuckin on my ass. but that buds are REAAAALY small.