New Grower here

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smartweed, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, I'm moving to a new apartment next month and I'm planning to start a grow room since I'll have the space.
    I'm currently living at Massachusetts which allows me to have up to 12 plants but only flower 6 at a time.. so while 6 are flowering I'll have 6 vegging all the time on a continuous cycle..
    I was planning on having a 6 * 6 x 7ish tent for flowering and 4 x 4 for vegging..
    For flowering I'm considering on using both hid and led so I'll have 2 600w hps and 4 300w LEDs..
    For the vegging room I'll probably use a 1200 LED grow light...
    I'll also be growing on a soiless medium..
    I'm a complete newb so I'm basically posting this here looking for advice before I click the purchase button and do a wrong decision..
    Any comments is appreciated..
    I have 1.5k-2k to invest in the project btw..

2. That is a lot of power. Much work and may be way more than you want. (need)
    It is hard to rent and grow on that scale.

3. What do you suggest then?
    I do smoke a lot lol and I'm actually seeing it more as a hobby than just getting free weed, since I've always wanted to grow but never could because of the laws, now I can so I want to make the most out from the 12 plants I'm allowed to have..
    By the way what do you mean with rent and grow?? If it's because of the light comsumption, it's relatively cheap in my town at around 9 cents per kw so I'm thinking about 100ish per month extra on my bill..

4. Yeah man, a perpetual grow would most likely provide you with more than the legal amount of 10 Oz in the Home allowed under Massachusetts law, which is pretty generous. More so than Nevada.
    In which case you would be under obligation to gift a lot of bud. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Would u be interested in autoflowers. And I would check out the hlg 550 and see if ur interested in that lighting

6. So how much would I be able to harvest with that setup??
    Btw have in mind LEDs are gonna be "cheap"
    Prolly meizhi or equivalent brand so they won't be providing the full 300w I just want them to accomplish a more complete spectrum of light

7. What what I seen and read online the hlg 550 replaces a 1000 watt hps. Check out the grandmaster level on YouTube. I have the hlg 65 4000k. If I could afford the 550 I would have got that one. Auto flowers don’t produce the same amount of weight or get as big as photo but there quick and easy and yield good. Some better than others.

8. I've heard of autoflowers its just that I want to really get good in growing who knows maybe even owning a dispensary someday...
    Also I want to use led light as supplemental light so I'll have the penetration of the hid with the broader spectrum of the LEDs..

9. Why a tent u can grow legally same laws as Cali now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Personally I would start on a much smaller scale to hone my growing skills before I invest a lot of money. With 1200 watts of HPS light you are going to need to exhaust a lot of hot air.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yes i agree. Need good set up due to heat from hps. Cmh or led my advise.

12. Well the hoods are going to be vented and it's gonna have 2 fans one for intake and one for exhaust prolly 6"
    Would that be enough??

Btw papa puff going with tents to be extra sure I have no light leaks and that way I can veg and flower at the same time in the same room

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cool. I veg inside 9 months out of the year. I flower outside most of the time. I do like to plant photos on my first run after summer outdoor grow is over. So with a 18 hour light schedule I will grow autos with it so I can finish plants and veg at same time. 80 day veg is perfect for me. I have a bad back so can't handle trees. Still get as much as the tree growers just do 3 to 4 runs. My first 2 runs indoors with 1k hps was hard to control heat. I live in Cali Desert mucho caliente. My 1k isn't cooled so I don't know how much they cool. I was getting heat stress and on one run the plants got it bad and didn't finish well

14. You might want to look into a 6:30 CMH you can get the multi Spectrum Philips bulb which will run for 2 years or more not three runs like an HPS it will be a lot better on your electric bill and cooler. And if you like me grow in the house that crazy HPS light