new grower help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushykush11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Hello i am a first time grower currently growing in two cardboard boxes stacked on top of each other. i know thats not good but my funds are very limited as in i have none at the moment. I am using alu-foil for reflective purposes i know this can cause hot spots. so the first chance i get i will be switching it out for some mylar the soil i am using is Promix organic premium vegetable and herb mix for my lights i have two phillips 45 watt 6500k CFL bulbs and two phillips agro 75 watt flood light bulbs ( theres not much about them on the internet so i'm not sure if they are good at all but they say they are for growing plants) i am currently growing four sativa romulan haze plants and one unknown indica bag seed the indica is about two weeks old the rest of the plants are about 4-5 days old any tips or ideas as to what i could do to better my grow would be greatly appreciated just please keep in mind i am on a very very tight budget. ps i know i need more light but it will have to wait a few weeks when i can afford to get them..:thankyou::icgreen:

2. sorry the cfl bulbs use 45 watts but put out 150watts each

3. Better lights.

The flood lights are just going to cook your plants

Get more cfls in there

• Like Like x 1
  4. Upload the picture again it's not linked

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. And I grow with cfls, read up more on how cfls light travels. That "150 watt equivalency" isn't true in terms of growing.

6. Cfls produce light at a very minimal distance, so you need more bulbs. 2 23 watt cfls are going to do you much better than 1 45 watt because of light efficiency

8. You can't see the pics? I don't think them Argo lights are for cannabis? When I was starting out with Cfl's I asked GC and people said you can't. But someone may say something different. I'm sure they were $10 to $15 each. Buy more Cfl's! I was using 3/26 watt Cfl's per plant. It's good enough for veg. But when they flower your gonna need more light!
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yeah those floods are gonna do more harm then help

10. Ok then should i just remove the floods then? I would only be able to run the 2 cfls for about another week or 2 until payday on 4 plants i have no idea what to do here lol. I will do my research on growing with cfls a bit more if anyone knows of good videos for that it would be appreciated.:thankyou::Love-Plant:

11. this dudes A G

• Like Like x 1
  12. But keep the lights on until you can replace them, you don't want to shock the plants

13. thanks that helped quite a bit.. I came into some money and bought a four pack of 23 watt cfls to go with the bigger cfls i have now i took out the other lights and made a reflector out of a aluminum turkey pan will upload pics if needed will this suffice for 3 plants ? i also just transplanted my oldest plant into a 1.5 gallon pot because my store didnt have anything bigger.. i am feeding them unsulphured molasses diluted in a gallon jug they seem to be liking it. I was wondering if i need to feed them pure water in between feedings or if it mattered until i need to flush them..

14. Yeah at that size pot your fine but I wouldn't go bigger, the root ball is generally gonna determine the height.

15. ok cool thanks i was wondering how often i should feed my plants the molasses mixture?

16. I've never even heard of that so I couldn't tell you.