New grower Germinating Seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bird seed, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I just started germinating my seed.:devious: It has been in a cup of room temperature water for 24 hours and i switched it 12 hours ago to the paper towel. So far in 36 hours, The shell cracked/split and i can see the root about to come out. I was wondering what if it takes longer than 48 hours for the root to fully come out? All i can think about is growing hahhaha. Plus the seed is Bagseed the smoke was really good and My friend found it when we were lighting a bowl.:smoke:

2. You can plant as soon as you see the taproot. Make sure the white tip is facing down, and cover with 1/4 of soil. Good luck :wave:

3. wow man thanks!:D Your grow looks so awesome!:ey:

4. Hey thanks man:D

5. [​IMG] my baby has a little tail ill plant it tomorrow.

6. I'd plant right now if you can

7. yup maybe planting tonight getting soiless soil.

8. Start a grow journal if you're so inclined....will help you (and others) down the line as you continue your grow.

Your seed is ready to go into medium and under lights.

9. How soon after you plant a germinated seed in soil do you need to put the light on them? Right away, or wait for it to pop above soil?

Does it have to be MH? Can you use ANY wat CFL?

thanks.

10. the root got so much bigger but my schedule is so out of wack i think i might have to to do the 24/7 light its only one cfl will it raise electricity that high?

11. thats like leaving a lamp on...

12. Then do 24/7, but if you have a busy schedule you need to buy a timer. The mechanical one's are like $10 at Target, WalMart, etc. I use a $10 one that runs both of my lights (two 3-prong plugs). Just make sure to get a timer with the right plug type. If your lights use 3-prong, get a 3 prong timer. Etc.

You won't notice the electricity difference of a CFL being on all day....it will use like 13-14W of power (whatever it's rated at). Make sure to use the correct color's of CFL's during the grow. 5000's during veg and 2700 during flowering. Keep the 5000K bulb on 24/7 and then switch to 12/12 (day/night) when you're done vegging (try to give it at least 4 weeks of veg time).

Adding additional lights will help, growing weed with 1 light will not be enough. As the plant starts to open up it will want supplemental light. If you are going to use all CFL's in this grow, use as many as you can....just make sure you're using the correct color during the grow periods.

13. Right away. If you don't have light on the seedling, it will start to stretch looking for light, the stem will become long and fragile (as if not enough...) and will likely bend. Without appropriate light, the plant will begin life suffering. Put it under lights immediately.

There are no "MH" CFL bulbs, only with HID bulbs. You wouldn't start with an MH bulb anyway, you would start with an HPS for the color. MH is for flowering. As I said above in the other post, with a CFL you would start with a Kelvin rated bulb in the 5000's during vegging and then flip it to 2700K for flower in 12/12

14. mh for flowering? I thought it was mh for veg, hps for flower?

These are auto seeds by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Im starting with 2 now and maybe able to use 4 later. the seed just sprouted on the surface bearly.

16. [​IMG]
    Hope its a girl

17. Looks great :) make sure to cover with a 1/4" of soil.

And you might want to start a Grow Journal since we now have life ;)

18. yeah i already did put in 1/2 inch deep it sprouted faster than i thought

19. [quote name='"bird seed"']
    Hope its a girl[/quote]

Hey guys a seed is at this stage do you give it full light ? or do you give it partial light ? I have a seed sprout like this and was not sure weather to put it in full sunlight or partial sunlight.

Sorry op ,but thanks guys for any input

20. Full light is just fine just cover up the roots. pre germinate if you havent speeds up process.