new grower: fertilizing amount?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dcmind, Jan 2, 2002.

1. What's going on everyone,

I have a question about the amount of fertilizer that should be used. I'm using miracle grow, 1 tblspn mixed with a gallon of water (as directed by the miracle grow package). I've read alot of contradicting advice as to how much to fertilizer, from every 4 days, to once every 2 weeks. Thanks.

2. IMO (in my opinion) you added too much! I'm getting closer to a month vegging and will add my Peter's 20-20-20 with next watering and will only be using 1/8 strength at 1st. Then I'll gradually use more every other week until I get up to what they recommend on the box. I hear that the water, water, fert...etc method is a good one. Overwatering and overferting are temptations I can resist.
    If you start noticing a little yellowing on the tips of your leaves then that's fert burn (no prob). If it starts getting really bad then leech your pots by pouring 4x the amount of water you usually use in your pots. Take the excess water that drains into the tray and throw it out. It has crap like salts and nutes in it that is better left out and not ran back through. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. vatos locos for life,

thanks man

4. when you switch to 12 and 12 switch over to african black violet mix put out by peters ive been told to stay away from ortho so cant tell ya anything about that