New Grower, Could Use A Little Help Please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ColoradoKB23, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Hey guys what's up? Well my friends and me decided that we were gonna grow. I got a space and money already I just need to know if the supplies I have in mind are
    right. My growing space is about 5'x4':
    1 400 Watt High Pressure sodium lamp
    1 10' mylar blanket
    Miracle grow soil
    6 6"x1' pots
    A fertilizer with the right NPK ratio (which I also need help on)
    A table. What else do I need? Id apprectiate the help! A good growing method for chronic and sour diesel would help too. I have 3 chronic seeds and 3 sour d seeds.

2. Be careful with that miracle grow soil, and fert. I've looked at alot of these soils and they say there safe for all plants but miracle grow add's alot of 'time release" solutions in there soil and other things that may be harmful. I've found using some organic soil with a good combination of N, Ph, Mg, etc. seems to work very well and it dosnt kill the plant. Try using some soil with pearlite.

Also, you have the HPS lamp, but do you have a ballast and housing?

3. I would recommend you a 600watt system for that space that uses conversion bulbs to switch between MH and HPS. If you have a 400 watt use it and pick up a MH conversion bulb. The mylar blanket (emergency blanket?) is good if you need to seal off part of the room, you can use these for the full room but sheet mylar works cool to. better for walls IMO. Next Miracle grow is all bad it has time releasing ferts, which can and will burn your plant when you try to fertilize later. It also releases wrong N-P-K values for marijuana. Since it seems like you have a couple bucks to spend, I recommend Fox Farm soils (12 bucks a bag), Or you can look around online for making your own organic soil which many people like more. Just dont use miracle grow. As for fertalizers Fox farm is good (the 3 pack grow big,big bloom, tiger bloom) and advanced nutrients is also very good. For the pots why not use 3-5 gallon pots? you got the room. unless your going for a SOG grow? and the table? got a really high celing?

Look into supplementing Co2 into the room. take a look at co2booster (search it on google) pretty cool product imo. and whats your plan for ventilation into/out of the room?

4. I'd grow those hydroponically. They would turn out much better, and a setup can cost only $50 to build, plus lights, ect.
    Just get some mesh pots, only about $6 for 6 of them, get some 6 inch ones. Get a tub, cut holes to fit the pots, get some growcubes. Fill your tank with water, and the correct amount of nutes. Then transplant your sprouts to the growcubes, and give it a 24/0 light cycle with a Metal Halide lamp, 400w MH lamp. Use that during veg stage, and then 12/12 400w HPS for flowering. The result: Bomb Bud. You can make it better and grow more plants by using both lights at the same time. Both light spectrums during the entire life of the plant will produce the best. But the method of using the Mh for veg, and HPS for flowering is also very good, while cutting down on energy costs.

5. Much better or much faster? ;)

6. The package that my lamp came with has the lamp, a High Pressure sodium bulb and a metal halide bulb, a four sided reflector/housing or whatever you wanna call it, and a ballast. Im not gonna grow hydro quite yet but thanks for the info. So Norcal you said fox farms is the best soil? And for the fertilizer I've heard eco gro is really good for growing marijuana. Is this true? If so that'd be awesome because the company that makes it lives pretty close to me.

7. I'm not saying its the best soil, its a really good soil that you can just buy in a bag without mixing yourself. I've heard stuff about eco grow ferts, but not eco gro. Maybe someone else has an opinion on there products.

8. Yea I meant Eco Grow srry. Thanks for your help!