NEW GROWER 2 DAY OLD SEEDLING NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Rockosupreme, Mar 9, 2015.

1. #1 Rockosupreme, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    Hi I'm growing marijuanna for in home use I live in an apartment complex so I'm not trying to install all the high-tech gadgets just the basic materials for in home growth. Like I said I'm not trying to grow cannabis by the pound just the bare minimum.
    Strain: White Widow(FEMINISED)
    Soil: Fox Farm
    Lighting: one 23wt CFL one 55wt CFL one 15wt LED all totaling up to 5500 Lummens
    Food: fox farm grow big liquid plant food

Attached Files:

2. Ok give it as much light as possible, do not water for at least 4 days or so.
    Your soil looks pretty damp, let it dry right out before watering again and only water very lightly.
    Just get the plant established first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Should I go by the 24/0 lighting schedule or the 18/6 ? Right now it's 24/0

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I've always done 18/6, as i feel the plant needs rest time.
    Plus saves on the electric too. White Widow is a good starting plant, thats what i started with.
    I auto switch my lights off between midday and 6pm then run them through the night.

how big is your pot? at some stage you have to get bigger pot that can whole min 6.5 litres of soil.
    basically you can veg till roughly a foot high then switch to 12/12 light schdule to flower.

6. I have a five gallon pot and one that's a little smaller than that I'm guessing 3 to 4 gallons.

• Like Like x 1
    Yep either of those pots would do, I used a 2gallon on the first white widow i do.
    But fill the soil right up in the pot and when you do transplant to other pot give the plant at least a week to recover
    from repotting before switching to flowering. Repot before switching to flowering.

8. ok thanks so much do you recommend getting a humidifier because I've read humidifiers are good but causes more problems.

9. Contrary to what one would assume, cannabis doesn't really want to be in that humid of an environment. Shoot for 40-50% overall humidity. One of the big things that a lot of novice growers overlook is the pH of your water. Do yourself a big favor and grab a Hanna pH meter. It'll save you some big headaches down the line. There are a couple of other threads around here that I've seen that have charts that show the different lockout areas of nutrients. You're doing things drastically differently than I have in the past (I've grown hydro in large areas with multiple 1000W HID's), but I'll be happy to lend any help that I can. Subbed.

• Like Like x 1
    I've never used a humidfier, just make sure your getting new air to the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah I'm not trying to do a large grow I have 4 Feminized seeds that I'm saving for different times of the year this grow I want to keep it small and unnoticeable. Which I why I started one plant

12. It might still be in your best interest to start a couple. Especially when growing from seed, sometimes plants die. It happens. It's less crushing when it's not your only baby that you have going.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I read your comments too late came home to find her dead well wilted planted two more