new grow tent setup....

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mochenmat, Aug 6, 2011.

1. so i have a quick couple of questions with ventilation ....1. i have a 6inch booster fan thats like a fucking lawn mower when its on (uber loud) my question is that are inline/vortex fans a tad quieter? also i have a oscillating fan in there but i noticed if the fan hits the plants (on low setting it seems to blow them away a tad much...so i faced it to a corner away from plants (just below light, to push hot air away) did i do the right thing?

2. the inline fan will move a LOT more air, and it might make less noise. If noise is a big concern you can mount the fan with bungee cords to minimize vibration transfer, and using insulated ducting with the insulation wrapped back over the fan will eliminate much of the noise.

3. well the thing is i have the fan sitting on the top of the fan (i purchased a 6inch booster fan and the holes are 5inch so shit don't fit inside tent so its sitting ontop of the hole ...when i get home i'll take a pic but vibration isn't the problem is the metal fan motor/metal blades i guess...)