New GROW started today, 12-11-15

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RedganjaDown, Dec 12, 2015.

1. #1 RedganjaDown, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015
    Put 2 Photoperiod beans to germinating this evening. 1 Dinafem White Widow (my fav; easy to grow, great high) and 1 Super Lemon Haze. I have never grown the SLH, but am looking forward to it. Been awhile since I've grown Photoperiod, so looking forward to having some control over veg/flower timing. I've been focusing on Autos a lot.

Had to prep the soil. I always recycle my Fox Farm soils and added some Soil Mender-Humate, worm castings and a small bit of lime to make the soil a bit sweeter.

Got 2----5 gallon Smart Pots filled with this amended and well mixed soil and `got the soil watered as much as I could w/o them leaking water and then when the seeds grow tails, they'll have a great home and a place to grow a huge tap root.

Be running a 600w MH/HPS set-up. That's been my set-up since I started in 2012. While the cannabis we medicate with is not addicting; growing your own is definitely an addiction.

Finished up my 3 Auto-seeds grow from August . Everything is harvested, trimmed and in the process of curing. Collected 3 strains of Autos; White Widow, Jack Herer and Super Hash.

Anyone has an opinion on Super Lemon Haze throw it out here. I've never had the chance to learn anything about it. Yes, still in a Prohibition state.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. How did your latest grow yield? I've got 4 auto WW coming up on harvest around Christmas //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png
    I'm glad to see someone reuses their FF soil because I bought some recently and planned to do the same.

3. #3 motojc, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    I'll follow along with my home bred WW back cross I popped on the 5th. I re-use my organic soil all the time- adding to it as needed.
    Good luck.
    Motojc

Attached Files:

4. thanks guys. Beans are still thinking about it I guess.
    My total yield was about 125g or so. Enough to donate some and have some to use while this new grow materializes.

5. The WW yield was OK. I've had better before, but it was
    good stuff and it's gotten positive reviews from the people I've shared with.
    Occasionally I'll buy a new bag of FF soil and amend it into the old just to help it a long a bit. Sticking to organic gardening helps keep the soil nice.

6. Beans are in small plastic containers and will be transplanted into Smart Pots in 2-4 weeks, depending on how impatient I am. Got to get 2 more started germinating today.

Decided I'm going to do a 4 plant grow now. I mean where I live, it's all punishable whether you have 1 or 5 plants.

I will put the WW and Super Lemon Haze in 5 gallon Smart Pots and the other 2 in 3 gallon Smart Pots.

I'm having to use the Photoperiod sees I have. Help me decide; 1 Bubba Kush, 1 Blue Hash or 1 Deep Cheese. Anyone out in GC land ever smoked any of these. I've only had the pleasure of using WW.

The Deep Cheese and Bubba Kush are probably how I'll grow this round.

7. I've wanted to try a Kush at point so that's my vote for you.

8. #8 RedganjaDown, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    got all the beans in soil now The Widow and SLH have busted thru Looking forward to March 2016 Temps and humidity are perfect this time of year going to be real stinky I'm sure hoping

Attached Files:

9. Only a 125g with a 600w?

10. Probably more than that. I still got 3 strains in 4 quart jars.

11. #11 RedganjaDown, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    the SLH on the left the WW on the right. 2 BK in the back. That's a nuof Super Hash from my last harvest in November

Attached Files:

12. 1 of 2 Bubba Kush has come forth from the soil So right now 75% have come forth. The WW is looking real good

Attached Files:

13. Had to re-do one of the Bubba Kush beans. 3 plants are up and seemingly loving life.

14. I always feel a little down when a bean don't sprout. Back crossed a White Widow and must have waited to long to pollinate because 5 out of 5 didn't pop last year. Had to go back to the original WW to get these going. These are the two biggest and healthiest so I'm going with them. Left one is reacting to the high Nitrogen Organic soil more than the right one. Slowing it down a little and darkening the leaves compared to the bigger one on the right. Hope at least one is a Lady.
    Looking good RGD.

Motojc

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451412271.715934.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451412359.566356.jpg

15. been an interesting past 2 days The past two days have been challenging. Power back on now
    The seedlings were still green and standing straight. Still only have 3/4 beans going. The last BK I had is germinating now.
    Hope to get it going soon

16. Plants will cycle back into an 18/6 cycle tomorrow. After 40 hours with no power I figure the extra light won't hurt them. Got them on a 20 hour run now that'll end at noon Wednesday. Hope to get BK seed into soil soon.

17. #17 RedganjaDown, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
    New pics. 1 each of WW, BK and SLH. The other BK seed is germinating

Attached Files:

18. Happy New Year RGD and all the blades that are following you.
    My WW's showed this morning. The blue cup is a girl and the red cup was a male. I said was cuz he got tossed already.
    This was an experiment of 12-12 light from seed in a solo cup. I'm happy as it only took 4 weeks to show. Guess I need to put her in a bigger container. Will wait until she needs H2O and then transplant and water.
    Motojc ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451667495.412309.jpg

19. got a Dinafen Blue Hash seed germinating now. Seems the other 2 bubba k didn't get germinated properly or were just duds
    So I'll be doing 4 plants, 4 different strains purring the SLH and BLUE HASH in 5 gallon container and the WW and BK in 3 or 5 not certain until I transplant them
    Gave the 3 I have a dose of blackstrap tonight That's the first nutes they've had A god dose of magnesium and calcium along with good carbs for the microbes