new grow please help!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by greenblaze, Mar 28, 2009.

1. iv done a few small grows and outdoor grows nothing serious or controlled just a few times messing around but now im looking 2 step it up.....

im looking 2 have a pretty decent set up (2k-3k)

some people may look at the amount i want 2 grow as a little more then personal use but its not for selling its for me my brother and a friend all heavy daily smokers

the few things i cant seem 2 figure out is if the amount of light per sq ft will produce me more cron or if its the amount of lights......

i was going 2 use 3 600w hps or 2 1000whps is either a
    10x10x8 or a 8x8x8 room

i wanted 2 grow about 30 plants with a yield of about 3p's (we want 2 split the 2p's between us for smoking and use the 3ed one +trimmings 2 make hash with are bubble bags and other assortment of goodies(cakes,brownies,hot coco,hash oil) and anything else we can think of)

so basically it all comes down 2

FOR MORE YIELD PER PLANT/LIGHTED USED WHAT ROOM/LIGHTS SHOULD I USE

THE 3 600W OR THE 2 1000W

AND IN THE 10X10X8 OR THE 8X8X8

also will have all the hoods air cooled and mylar walls if that helps

also my equpiment is

-3 EYE Hortilux High Pressure Sodium Bulb (HPS)
    -3 HydroFarm ValuBrite 6" Air Coolable Reflector
    -3 CAP 600W NEXTGEN 90v-260v Electronic Ballast
    -1 30 Amp Timer Box
    - Fox Farm Big Bloom for Soil
    - Fox Farm Grow Big For Soil
    - Fox Farm Ocean Forest organic potting soil(1.5 cu. ft)
    - ph up and down +ph hanna testing meter
    - mylar 2mill

well depending on the feed back the light/reflector/ballist will be changed 2 the 1000w version and only 2 of them

+ im going 2 marrow 2 pick up 5 strains(reason for 5 mothers) from a reputable dealer and thoes are

-ak-47
    -bubblegum
    -blueberry
    -nyc diesel
    -g-13

let me know what yall think!!

\t\t \t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t \t\t \t\t\t

2. #2 abnormldood, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    If you really want to max out your yield, I'd take some thought into adding 2 1000w's and a light rail to increase maximum light coverage. I'd also add a 600w+ MH in for the first week and last two weeks of flowering to increase UVB rays(higher potency). I'd recommend only letting those veg for about 2 weeks before throwing them into flower or else they'll get pretty crowded.

3. thanks i was thinking of maby takeing a few plants away for some added space but would that allow the other plants 2 grow bigger cuz they have more room and light per plant

like instead of adding 30 plants maby only 25