New Grow here, WW & NL DWC, Take a look

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BadAxe, May 27, 2010.

1. I did not have anything attached to my light. I do have a glass panel though. But the tent was in my closet. On top of the tent was my 265 cfm squirrel cage fan, attached to a piece of ducting that lined the air outtake hole in the top of the tent. The bedroom the closet is in is kept at 69 degrees. With the bedroom that temp, the fan alone kept my tent temps between 76 - 79 at all times with the light on. Would touch 80 here and there. So I consider myself lucky that that setup worked.

2. :hello: Congrats on a successful harvest!!!:D:wave:

3. Thank you very much. I am very excited and can't wait to smoke some. :smoke:

4. Ok, SO no wet weight. But final dry weight. This is after drying for 4 days. I then snipped off all large empty areas of stem. So after removing the stems the weights were:

The Northern Lights (stunted early, played catch up the whole grow) - 51.4 g.

The White Widow - 138 g.

Total - 6.75 oz. Not bad if I may say so. But I can also do oh so much better. But I'll take it. I put them in brown bags tonight, with layers of shredded brown bag. I will mix daily, and on Monday, I will jar it all up for the cure.

I am changing from my Rubbermaid Res to homemade Bubble Buckets. Not doin the recirculating ones this time around, but maybe the grow after. Since I like to grow 2 strains at once, I want to be able to deal with each on their own, so buckets it is.

If my seeds pop, I am growing Lemon Skunk and Vanilla Kush this time around. Look for the journal. :)

I will also do flushes this time around. And I will compare. I know my PH and PPM #'s will be much easier to deal with with flushes. But I like that I got through the whole first grow the way I wanted to, using the LF and no flushes. So I have some data to work with. Well, Peace All, and have a great Holiday weekend to those in the US. And a great weekend to everyone else. :smoking::smoking::smoking:

I will update this journal again with a smoke report. As far as odor, the WHite Widow smells really pleasant, but the NL has almost no smell, just smells like a plant. I am hoping the cure brings something to it.

5. Hi badaxe I love your crop looks tasty ;)

Can I ask how many plants and HOW long from start to finish it took to gain the 6.75oz total weight?

:hello:

6. Thank you very much.

2 plants. 1 Northern Lights, and 1 White Widow.

The germinated seeds were planted on May 10th, I harvested on August 30th, so just under 4 months total.

It gets jarred today to begin the cure. Smoke report coming in 2 weeks or so. :smoking:

7. They're beautiful!

Maybe you wanna send some samples over here? :D

8. you never stole samples from your ladies?

no prelim smoke report?

9. I actually have not yet, believe it or not. I happen to be lucky, and have a guy that deals in really good dank, so I have had nugs to get me by. Smoke report coming up this weekend. It will have cured for 2 weeks. :)

10. Ok folks. Time to share the jarred pics and give you my smoke report.

Smoke report. WOW. The shit put me on my ASS. Damn its a nice feeling to get blasted off of weed that I grew. I am not as eloquent as some of you here. I can not really describe the taste the way some of you can. The taste is very thick, it gives you that feeling that you know you will be ripped in 2 hits. Very pleasant.

The White Widow smell is potent. The Northern Lights much less so. The Northern Lights may be more potent though. I think its a tad better smoke overall, but I would not turn down either if I was out looking for dank.

So now I get to smoke my own buds and stop buying them. That is SO nice. The money I will save. Wow. So I grew dank. Never thought what I grew would be as potent as it turned out. So much looking forward to my second grow (Which has begun, check out the journal, BadAxe Bubblebucket Buds in the Hydro grow journal forum). Well, enjoy the pics. Wish I could smoke my buds with each and every one of you. Peace all.

This officially ends my 1st journal, although feel free to continue to comment, I will keep checking it for any questions or comments. Thanks all. Peace out.:smoke:

The 6 Quart sized jars are the White Widow. The pic with the smaller jars is the Northern Lights.

Attached Files:

11. Congrats man. I can't wait to get to your situation. I'm very much looking forward to that first Vape of my own brew.

12. Great looking harvest man! I can only hope my first grow goes as well. I am 3 weeks into flowering, but only have one plant, 4 were males.

13. +rep for a great grow and a smoke report on top of it!

14. Congrats man... That's a very impressive dry weight, considering your first time with both strains and the problems you ran in to. Hopefully you can get everything straightened up and hit maximum potential with the Lemon Skunk and Vanilla Kush. You're gonna love that Vanilla Kush too, that was an excellent choice for the 2nd plant. I look forward to the next journal man... Enjoy your smoke!! You earned that shit!! :hello:
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. good stuff man, Im just starting out and getting a list of supplies, i'll need to make my first grow successful. Any tips you could offer a new comer?

16. Im a newbie. Should you always top, and when? Also, can u describe the setup you've got goin on with the pics of the blue storage tub w/ ur pots recessed down insie the lid? And lastly, what is rock wool? I've not started to germin yet as Im takin time to do some learnin. :wave:

17. Well, instead of explaining the rubbermaid setup, I will tell you the lesson I learned from using it. Unless you are growing from clones from the same mother, do not use a rubbermaid bin. If you are growing from seed, or growing multiple strains, use bubble buckets. The reason is that is you have different strains or even the same strain from seed, they may require different nutrient levels (Which mine did). If you have them all in a big bin, you can not give them all what they need, and need to compromise. So if one plant is healthy, and others are not, you will make the healthy plant unhealthy by adjusting your nutes for the other ones.

In bubble buckets you can tend to each plant on their own and give them what they need. I built my bubble buckets for about $8 a bucket using Rumpleforeskin's stckied thread about building bubble buckets.

If you grow clones from the same mother, than a rubbermaid is ok to use as they will all take the same nute level.

And draining bubble buckets is SO much easier than draining an 18 gallon res. So rethink your rubbermaid plans and consider going the bucket route. My plants are SO much healthier this time around.

Rock Wool is shredded rock. It holds air very well. I use little 1.5" cubes. I germinate my seeds, put them in the rock wool, then into my netcups filled with hydroton (Clay pebbles). There are other ways as well, you do not have to use rockwool or hydroton. Some like the stuff, others do not. For my small grows, it works perfectly. Just make sure if you use hydroton, you thoroughly rinse and soak the hydroton for a good long time before using it. If you use it straight out of the bag, all the dust thats there can and will affect your PH levels. So rinse and soak before using.

If you are gonna SCROG I definitely recommend topping. I did not top for my first grow, and has problems with the main stalks coming up through the screen before I was done training them. This time around, I topped, and the main branches are growing outwards now, much easier to train under the screen. So topping is not mandatory, but definitely recommended.

18. Yep Yep. Read a ton. Read all the stickies here, and read the grow journals looking for setups that are like what you want to do. Then you can read all the details and all the problems encountered, and how they resolved it. There is SO much info here. I read these forums for 3 months while collecting my supplies, then had a few remaining questions to tie it all together, then started my grow.

Most of your lessons learned will come from the actual grow though because you will encounter issues and have to solve them and that is how you will really learn. Good Luck.

19. I could not agree more!

I went through about 4 solid, 5-star journals to get an idea of what's involved. I'm so glad I did because not only did I see them fix their issues, but I can also compare growth side-by-side with someone else.

20. congrats looks vary nice ill buy 8th right now please of the WW since thats what im growing lol but real nice just got done getting blown and feeling a lil mesmerized im tearing up its sooo fine lol congrrats thos gonna look forward to ur next gro