New grow help please 400 watt hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gogetter84, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Ok have a 2 by 2 foot and 4 foot high I have a 400watt hps+mh got fans and pretty much everything I need just wondering how many plants you think I can fit and what strain should I grow I have 3 gallons pot I will put up pic when I figure it out lol

2. and using fox farm soil do you think light is enough for my box plan on using distilled water is that the best for plant?

3. I would go with 1 and top or fim it..light is fine and so is distilled water

4. ok thanks was thinking of doing that maybe I will make bigger box

5. heats gonna be your problem..i would go 3x4;)

6. k I think Im just going to use closet not box bigger space think I am ready

7. sativa: kali mist or cinderella 99
    indica: trainwreck or chemdog

8. pretty small space, flowering females can take up 2 feet so easy.

9. Yeah doing in closet for sure when and what kind/type of nut's should i start with thanks

10. I suggest foxfarms original trio (big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big) and Cha Ching from their second trio line.

grow big and big bloom are veg, big bloom, tiger bloom, cha ching are for flower

11. What about jungle juice does anyone know if this is good or any other nut that is cheaper than foxfarm?

12. Please someone help need to get nuts thanks

13. yea jungle juice is good...i would also get some liquid karma and pro-tekt if you have the money

14. Thanks TinTizzy I ordered the juice its on the way

15. i have great luck with dutch masters gold bottles;)

16. I need ph meter what kind should I get for growing in soil?

17. should I get one of those ph pens for checking water or the one that sticks in the soil ??

18. Pens require calibration solution and sometimes replacement tips.
    The green two post ones that stick into the soil are crappy.

IMHO the ph paper test strips are the way to go. Cheap, accurate, ez to use

19. Thanks for reply You know where I can grab some ph test strips ?

20. I got mine at the local hydro store comes in a handy dispenser much like scotch tape.
    I'm sure u can get them at aquarium supply stores, pool stores, water treatment stores, Ect....
    Anyplace where they deal with water