New Grow (Come Follow Me)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by imstoned, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Couldn't help you with nutrient formulas, but mine is 5-10-9 so I would guess 9-12-12 would be okay, maybe too high in nitrogen.. again I don't really know any more than you here.
    Are you sure you are supposed to put the powder on the soil and water it in? Most nutrients need to be mixed in the water that you are using to water your plants. Optimally, also, you would adjust the pH of this water to 6.5-7.5. But I don't do soil and your nutrients may be different than what I'm used to. So forgive me for any misinformation, but I hope I was helpful.

2. i havent bought it yet but that is how it said to apply the nutes

3. DUDE!!!
    Quick, you need to tie the entire stem low to the ground.

This is called low stress training. LST
    ii iii
    iii iii
    iiiii iiiii
    (ii)(ii)
    iiiiii <----"top" here after
    // tying the stem
    //ii///i//i/i/i//i/i/i/i/i/i/ii/i//i/i/iii/i//i/i/i/ii//i/i// I
    //
    ii
    ii
    ii
    ii

Topping is when you "pinch, snip, chop" the top most growth off from the plant. This causes your plant to produce 2 stems out of one.

After another 7-10 days of growth. (3-4 inches on both stems).... draw tie them low again and top each of them. Let them grow another week. then drop your light cycle to 12 hrs on and 12 off. This will induce budding.

set your screen up so your lights are at least 4-6 inches away.

To make a simple screen... u can use hemp string tied in 1 inch by 1 inch squares. to block large leaves and branches from growing into the light.

YOUR plant will NOT BUD untill you switch your light cycle to 12/12. Get a cheap BRINKS light timer at WALMART for $4.68.

Dont worry about neuts or fferts right now. You're fine with straight water...for now.

When u water....as a rule... stick your finger into the dirt 1 1/2 inch deep. If it is not dry to the touch, DONT WATER. You really shouldn't have to water more then every 3 days. The goal isn't to soak. It is to moisten.

When you use neuts... only use them 1/2 strength what they recommend. And never more then every 3rd watering. (Once every 10 days or so).

It will take 8 to 12 weeks for your plant to fully bud.

Make sure not to interrupt the DARK period. Budding plants NEED 12 hours of perfect darkness. Only look at your plants when they are in there LIGHT period.

4. Does my paint look ok???

5. Did this show up?

Attached Files:

• LST.JPG
      LST.JPG
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
  6. #106 doindia, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    just listen to shadow shooter, you can tie these things down quite a bit, id definitely bend it all the way, or as much as it would take without snapping. if you have sufficient water, it should bend easily, the lower you bend it the long you can grow in veg= more yield youll have in flowering also like he said just the stem, you can slide that string down a bit where its not got those fans/nodes bundled up with it. if you look in that first pic id slide the string down about an inch or so, just below those two fan leaves and anchor that bad boy down good. that would be a low start lst, or you could do as shooter said and move it up a bit on the plant and just tug it down from the top. the lower you go right now the more stability the stem will have, as it grows up, you tie down its simple. its hard to give a timeline because you could veg 1 more weeks or 3 weeks you never know, and flowering will be closer to 8 weeks btw

as for nutrients steer clear from what you posted you want something high in nitrogen because you are in veg (even if it will only be another feeding or two i think it will be worth it. go to the store and get miracle grow "all purpose" plant food. make sure the numbers on it say that the N is either the highest or the same as the PK at least. its like 5-7 bucks for a box of it. (you want to start this out at a 1/4 dosage mg can burn your plants if not careful but very efficient if done right.

as for flowering look for a nutrient that has an NPK where the N is half the number of the P. id steer clear from any powder. get something you mix with water and water your plants with it.

7. i bought some tomato food witch is 9-12-12

8. Yo imstoned, I finally stumbled upon your Grow Journal... your plant looks really healthy! Don't be bummed out about the slow going, vegging under low wattage just takes time. I'd look into LST a little more, just make sure you have that tie on the stem, not on stem and branches. Don't be afraid to be rough either, lol.

I see you're thinking of flowering soon too... I would do it ASAP if you want to stay in that PC box. I would figure on more than 6 weeks before harvest, too. I think it's more like 10 weeks once you switch to 12/12. Good luck, and be patient!

9. #109 doindia, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009

those numbers dont look too good for veg growth, but its not to say they wont work. also like the guy above said you might want to weigh your options you could go another week or two but you always run the change of a burst/stretch once you start flowering. do you have a back up if you cant finish in the pc case?

10. I agree with subaru! Your grow looks great mate.
    Tie that girl down, throw in a screen and flip her to 12/12 :hello:
    Lets plan on seein some BUDS!

11. why would he throw a screen in there, if he flowers now he is not gonna have that many buds/tops. probably no more than 2-3 worth going through a screen

12. Bad advice with good intent, is still bad advice.

13. Whatever it is ..just listen to Doindia...and all will be good:p

14. Sorry :(

15. Are you telling him to wait longer to flower? Or to flower now with LST, but without a screen?

In my opinion, waiting much longer to go to 12/12 would cause space issues. I'm a first time grower too, but from what I've seen on GC, 4 inches can turn into almost 2 feet pretty quickly... and it only looks like he has half that to work with.

I'd say tie it down, flip the switch to 12/12, and continue to LST for the next couple weeks until she shows you her bits and pieces.

Good luck.

16. #116 doindia, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    no im not necessarily saying that, i think you may have missed post 109. i asked him if he has a back up. if he dosent then i would consider your option in the next few days, if he does id keep going. no one wants to put 3 months into 5 grams of dried weed (although many of us stealth growers have to) also i am saying dont use the screen. im not saying you couldnt but, whats the point of scrogging a plant with two tops. if your familiar with scrogging you try to put as many colas through 1 inch squares as possible and cut every bit of vegetation off thats below the screens, even budsites to devote all the energy of the plant to those main colas, he dosent have enough weed to be cutting any budsites off. i think many people think the screen is a technique made to contain or hold down the plants, although it helps growers who have height restrictions, thats not the point. if the technique isnt carried out correctly its just a screen, you can have 10 ft of plant above the screen if you want to grow it that long and then the screen is useless, nothing more than some scrap metal interwoven to the bottom of your tree. so basically the screen dosent hold the weed down, the technique does.

generally unless your growing a full bred sativa, the flowering process will probably double your plant, sometimes not quite double, sometimes a little more than double. my point is, his main space restriction is height, although his space is not abundant all over. if he is LST'ing his plant right, then you dont have to worry about height at this point.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

he can run that plant all the way around the pot, and not be any taller than he is now, but have way more budsites without even being 4-5 inches out of the top of the pot.

it really boils down to do post #109 does he have a backup plan if it DOES get to big. if he does have somewhere to stick it for the last few weeks of flowering then id say keep vegging. you could always run into problems like it being real bushy and not letting light deep down, or bursting open during flower sites stretching, but if i had a spot to stick this thing the last 2-4 weeks of flowering and it were my plant id keep going. thats just me, im not a professional at PC growing.

i should also mention none of the info you have given is bad info, it just boils down to what he can/wants to get out of the plant. if he decides to flower now, a few may think its a little early, some may even think its late, but its not necessarily WRONG per say

and thank you creeps for your kind words :wave:

17. Didn't miss #109, just trying to clarify.

People get into trouble blindly listening to advice without knowing the reasons behind the advice. I wasn't trying to oppose your suggestion (I agree for the most part, actually), just looking for more info for the O.P.

Seems to me the PC grow is almost always out of necessity... but if imstoned has the space and the means, I'd say get to building that bigger box! If not, time to heavily consider flowering ;)

18. Folks, either way... posting up ideas and opinions is what this or ANY forum is all about.

Simply saying "Oh that was bad advice," or "Yea just listen to him, no matter what" isn't really helpful, because you're not making a contribution. Let the O.P. decide for himself what advice is good, and what is bad, through the course of conversation and dialogue, and reason. Maybe he wanted to use a screen. Or maybe he is secretly building a giant fridge grow box in his basement. Who knows! Point is, talk it out - no question or suggestion is a bad one :)

19. #119 doindia, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009

well bad advice is bad advice, no one is being scolded for it. but these are first time growers who are asking for help. had someone else not come along and told him it was bad advice he could have done/used a product that would hurt his plant because someone told him to do it not knowing. ie how much of these nutes should i use on the first feeding full strength or half strength. well if someone confidently comes in saying full strength then the OP might do that and burn the shit out of his plants. i think what it boils down on this site is dont give advice unless you know its good advice, opinions are always welcome but opinions and advice are different, the guy obviously realized his advice was bad and apologized for it (which in my opinion takes a lot more than some idiot trying to argue a dumb point, even though apologies werent demanded or necessary, it can tell you a lot about character) some people will argue the dumbest shit ive ever heard just to not be wrong on the internet, we have a lot of those around here too! :wave:

20. I agree completely. I think, most important of all... give REASONS behind whatever direction or advice you give, and let the reader decide what's relevant or pertinent or whathaveyou. That's all. What I was getting at mostly, is just saying do this, or do that, really doesn't help, because there's no dialogue, no information. Are we sheep or are we people?! Baaaaa :smoking: