New Grow (Come Follow Me)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by imstoned, Feb 19, 2009.

1. topping ay??? sounds fun i shall look in to it

2. whats on m8...
    lookin good man about the same stage as me on a few of my plants:D
    i aint new 2 growin but i am new to the city so elo everyone:wave:lmao
    will stay with ur grow mate

3. thanks man good to have you watching... do you have experience in small grows (like PC case)

4. uhh.....no but have done some lst in the past lol

5. thats cool i respect that so i have a lst question for The best website on the internet(GC) when i look at pics of lst they always use strin tied to the side of the pot. so my question is could i use strightend out paper clips to "pin" down the branches?

6. alright man thanks for your help :) and your reward is some pics..... sorry but not right now, in like 15 mins

7. sweet i'll check em out in abit mate...
    i need 2 sleep its like 5.15am:D

8. sorry bout the pic delay it might be a little bit longer but check it out tomorow

9. NEW PICS!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i let my dad take a look at my set up and grow and he suggested cutting the lowest level of leaves off (in the last pic not the seed leaves the other ones i hope that made sense) he is an old school grower/smoker so i thenk he would know what to do but i thought i would ask the gc their opinion

10. Nice looking so far dude.

Keep up the, making them happy part......:D

11. yea your old man sounds wise...
    i cut my bottom leaves off:D

12. thanks REEFER glad to see you drop by
    so yea i was thinking he was right so i might snip them tonight
    i still can find any sort of grid to make my scrog screen
    and im thinking about topping but not sure how

13. i never cut my leaves, but its not like it will help/hinder too much either way so i guess its more personal than anything. topping is easy, do a search and look through some of the threads for a pictures. you could probably google image it too. it simple takes less than 5 seconds and one snip :)

14. [​IMG]
    was this a good idea for lst

15. #76 doindia, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    hahaha no but its cute :)

im not making fun of you, because your doin an awesome job and very eager to learn, but perhaps research it a bit more, you want to tie the plant down, not the fan leaves...if that makes sense. for instance ill try to throw a quick paint together.

[​IMG]

there replace red lines with string or whatever you want. its basically training your plant to grow where you want it to. (aka the top string will be bending the plant down (tward wherever you tie it) and the bottom string will work against that to steady the "trunk" or stem, you dont just wanna take the top and throw it down on its side, not good for the roots etc.. might break.

so basically right now the bottom string is a steady working in the opposite direction as the top one (the one doing the lST'ing)

ask questions if this dosent make sense.

edit:: read this http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

in this "how to" he dosent use the first "Steadying" stem tie like i do, but ive seen it to work a lot better. ALSO you dont have to go in a circle like he did. that was just creative and probably worked nicely. the main idea is to just train it to stay low but you dont hinder growth at all, just which way it grows. you can tie it all over however you want. if you wanna use that metal steak you have in there the idea would be to push the WHOLE plant over and steak the main stalk around the middle- to middle/top of the plant

also dont forget about topping :) it is your friend come yield time
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

are we sure this seed is a female btw?

16. very helpfull doindia thanks yea i took off that paper clip i might do scrog or lst i havent really decided (mainly cause i cant find a screen for the scrog) but i figure i have about a week to decide more pics tonight is you want to see an update

17. updates are always good especially if your new to growing to keep things in line your really doing an awesome job, and your plant is loving its new home. so def pat yourself on the back about that.

anything can be used as screen really as long as you can make 1x1 inch squares you could use string on a square frame, or you could use some fencing from a hardware store. anything really

18. alright mate plants are lookin good, is this ur first grow?? and how many days are you into it now, i mean after it broke soil?

I think mine are not 2far off urs and this is my first grow so just wanna compare!

19. Okay so I had to go on a business trip so have been away from the grow I had to go for about 3 days bit will post some more pics when I get home And remember don't support gangs grow your own