New grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Gianx, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I'd go with the Mendo simply because of it's reputation as a good grinder, but if I had a choice of any grinder and if I was in the market for a new one, I'd go with a Santa Cruz Shredder.

2. And the black leaf? So about the santa cruz I am not convinced by teeth, are not sharp! at least so it seems in photos... (Sorry for my english, i'm italian)

3. No problem with your English. It's as good if not better than many here whose native language is English. ;)

The teeth are designed to not only cut and shred, but to fluff as well, and it's that consistent fluff that no other grinder that I am aware of, can duplicate.

4. I just got the Mendo Mulcher and it works very well....I guess. I have nothing to compare it with! I just bought it based on reviews and how well-made it is. It was too expensive for what it does, though.

5. In fact, I read many reviews on internet and it looks great, also the blak leaf seems well done.

6. mmm i don't know, I prefer this two grinders, mendo mulcher and black leaf, is looks better.

7. I was in your predicament a few weeks ago and bought the santa cruz shredder and let me say it is absolutely amazing.

The bud consistency from a few turns is awesome and it is absolutely smooth!

Instead of buying a grinder that's alright, Id honestly suggest to buy one high quality grinder so you don't waste more money in the long run.

I upgraded from a small 2 piece plastic grinder and it makes my sessions so far MUCH better.
    Plus Santa Cruz Shredder comes with a lifetime warranty. No worries about broken teeth or paint chipping. Also, tue threading on it is amazing, its actually constructed in a different way to never have screw on pieces jam, it turns amazingly.

I do suggest the mulcher over the black leaf though. I've just read the mulcher gets clogged faster.
    I really love my new grinder, the teeth shape does make a big difference!
    Either way you go, black leaf, mulcher, etc. Having a good grinder is necessary I honestly think.

8. So, mendo mulcher is better than blak leaf? ando about the santa cruz, I don't like the holes where the weed go down, seem so big and the weed go down when still is not chopped fine. if you says the same santa cruz that is in the post above.

9. Ok, the 50mm of santa cruz is better, but I need a least grinder. Max 45mm of diameter and 40mm tall.

10. I thought the holes would be huge on the santa cruz shredder but surprisingly it ground even .1 for me.
    If you need a super fine grind then you can always turn the grinder upside down so it doesn't fall into the middle chamber.

11. Or.........get a two piece.

12. I think OP is looking for a 4 piece.

13. I had a 4pc ti Space Case and yeah, I had to turn it upside down for a finer grind, but there was two problems in doing this. One, is that if you don't want your kief flying all over the place inside the grinder, you got to take off the bottom piece that holds the kief before flipping upside down. Two, is that I found that every once in awhile, the teeth wouldn't mesh right operating upside down and it would hang, and my assumption is that it happened due to the loss of rigidity when taking off the bottom plate.

14. If you want a super fine grind OP go for the smallest space case or santa cruz shredder in 2 piece. They're only about $20 so its not that much money.

15. I need a grinder 4 pieces, and I think that take the mendo mulcher. The big holes of the santa cruz doesen't convinced me. And what says Iwien is true.

16. I might just be a Santa Cruz Shredder fanboy, but I love mine and recommend it. If you want to flip it over to get a finer grind, don't flip the entire thing over! Just the two parts with the teeth. As long as the holes where the weed is supposed to fall down are face up, there's no way any weed can get out. And then you essentially have a two piece grinder :)

17. Yup. That's what ya do, but again, I found that every once in awhile, the teeth would mash together (which drove me nuts because I know that that dulls them) and again, I'm guessing it's because of the loss of rigidity when taking off the other pieces of the grinder, but this happened with the ti Space Case. Don't know if the same thing would happen with the SCS.

The SCS really is a fantastic grinder. Over at FC, it seems that every Space Case owner who has tried the SCS likes the SCS better and as good as the Space Case is, that's saying a LOT.