New Grasscity Design - Coming Up

Discussion in 'General' started by Lizard King, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Hello Blades ,

We have been conducting a lot of study on current Grasscity Community design for some time. We identified some usability issues and having the need of serving three styles ( regular - mobile and app ) started to become a problem as mobile style is pretty week.

Thats why we decided to put work on improving the design for forum. We finally finalised the requirements for the design. Improvements we focused on the current design :

• Too many elements inside header http://d.pr/lW9q/bSwxzHY1
    • Click requirement for drop down menus
    • Hidden and dis organised drop down menus
    • Responsive Layout ( design will adjust according to browser width for full mobile support. )
    • Cleaner typography
    • Flat design which allow you to easily focus on content you are looking for
    • Apply minimal changes so that existing users will have no issue on adapting the new design
    With the new design , there are also very exciting new features coming to Grasscity Community.

But first let me introduce you the first look for new Grasscity Design :

[​IMG]

One of the important changes as you can see have been implemented to Main Navigation. As you can see now instead of Forum Categories we will have main application as Navigation elements. However this also brings an amazing improvement which i will introduce now.
    Navigation drop down menu's

Each application on the navigation menu will hold a drop down menu that will display 3 column information.
    Column 1 : Categories for the application ( ex : forum categories )
    Column 2 : Will display featured content 
    Column 3 : Will display trending content in last 24 hours

Here is an early look for the drop down menus

[​IMG]

Hope you will like the upcoming improvements. We are hoping to complete the development and put the style live in 14-20 days. 

P.S : Please note that the images are just containing placeholder elements just for design mockups :)

2. Can you make it not go to the next page when I accidentally ever so slightly push to the side?

That is a browser thing , not related to style :)