NEW First Time Grow Complete Newb

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dboyfresh, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Hello everyone thank you and welcome to my grow journal. I am super excited to start this journal and hope that everyone else can get as excited as me heh. Any and all feed back is welcome please. Again thank you and here it is.

What I have set up is 4 BB under Hot Fluro's as of right now. Using Lucas nute's on 2 and Flora nute's on the other two. Like i mentioned before this is my first attempt, and amd hoping to do it right. Got intake fan for both veg and flowering room as well as out take fan for both. Have a 450watt HPS for flowering, but dont exactly know how I am going to do it. Because, i want to scrog, but if that's the case then i cant move from room to room, so I am kind of at a stand still with my flowering room.
    Mylar set up in both rooms. The structure is 8x8x8. cut almost in half. Like i said any advice is well accepted. Working on getting Co2 set up in my room, but like i said i am still learning.

Have put alot of time and more money into, so I really hope all goes as planed. Will try to keep updated as much as Possible as for now, here are a few pics i have taken so far

Attached Files:

2. #2 dboyfresh, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    Ok let's try this again. The first one is our oldes at a little over 40 days. She (hopefully) is on lucas, She has been in the BB since march 10th. while the two in the middle are on Flora nutes, and they were introduced to the BB on the 14 of march. The last one on the right is just sitting in the bucket, lack of air pump :( just hand feeding her. Been in bucket as of 26th of march
    My goal is I never want to pay for plants again. I want the biggest and best yield I can get, so please any help is appreciated.

3. Looks great! good luck. What kind of seed did you use? My current grow i sbag seed but i do have some GREAT fem seeds ill be starting soon. Much luck, Peace!

4. Honestly tell you I dont know, it was just from this qp i got of some killer. Just hope it turns out well. As far as femming seed's im still pretty new, so i get a bit confused with some of these terms, but I am trying, and willing to learn as much as I can.

Is it possible to scrog moving the plants from room to room? any ideas?

and Has anyone ever heard of 2 plant's from 1 seed?

5. looking great so far. for a first timer, you have clearly done your research! i'm impressed you went right for the hydro. i'm waiting to get a couple more soil grows under my belt before i venture into hydro territory... :)

and don't worry about all the money you put into it because it will pay itself back several fold in your first harvest (in terms of weed you don't have to buy), not to mention all your next grows will cost almost nothing. good luck man.

6. So this is a quick mock up of my idea for "transportable SCROG". Of course you could replace tthe soil w/ one of your BB's. But i think its an allright idea.

Attached Files:

7. Thank you for all the feedback so far. Really appreciated. Plus that was a really nice method for mobil scrog'ing. I got a few more pictures to post up.

Recently moved to another area, baby looked a little winded in the move. But. . . an hour after reoperation they were back in the groove. Its wonderfull.

Attached Files:

8. Bump. It's been 8 week's now since germination. Checked my girls last night, and am pretty sure I may have got all female's. All i see is little thistle like hair thingy's. No nut's. Thank god. Will get more pictures asap. Also finaly got me a couple Co2 tanks and a regulatur. Going to hook it all up tonight, and see where we go from here. Also got a little herbal remedie called super strive, hopefully will give us a boost.

9. Have not got around to setting up Co2 yet. Still working on it but cant wait. I did get a couple more photo's.

The first one is of our newest plant only 17 day's old. At first I was a little freakin out cause everyone seemed to be moving quicker than mine was, but i think we figured that out because of lack of nute's.

Got a Metal Halid up as of right now and trying to get a Hps for Flowering. The other two pics are of my first two girls who were nute depressed for the first month of life. Hope you all enjoy

Attached Files:

10. Actually the last two are pic's I took before the scrogg. . . and the 17 day old pic is not avail sorry for the mis infor.

11. Just adding a few more pic's of my set up and my garden. Hope everyone is enjoying.

Any comment's anything I can do dif?

Attached Files:

12. Bump

SO is my scrogg to small? any suggestion.

13. ANyone? I need help. For some reason they just aint growing fast enough, like they are dwarfing. . . I dont understand.

14. Well.. I'm new here as well... but, I'll offer my .02

I'd say that the screen you used for scrog (closet shelving?) is way to small...

it's gonna end up being a real pain to get your plants back out once they grow past that... and you'll end up having to cut them out at harvest time...

Also, it may be stunting their growth...

Again... just my .02.... the GC elders may disagree... :D

PEACE!

Andrew420 :smoking:

15. I have been thinking the same thing. Thank you for the comment. Thinking about changing it out. I have been doing this with a friend, and he disagrees.

We both have our opinions, and we really hurried into a project, before we were set on an Idea. Now, we are trying to put the pieces together.

Can someone help explain the difference from the scrogg we have on now, to a bigger one. Just trying to make this work.

Broke, trying to live pain free

16. Busted. . .. Government seized everything. Take Care Grasscity

17. Errrr.... Uhhhh.... wtf? r u serious?

18. Damn...I imagine it was the local police. If anything. Maybe he just decided to stop his thread in the most viable way possible. Either way...damn.