New England Outdoor Strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Prettylights10, Jun 18, 2012.

1. What are some good outdoor strains that are good for the new england weather? Thanks for any advice.

2. Any mold resistant Indica, such as white widow. I personally found a great cut of blueberry that grew great in the slightly acidic soil from the pine needles of NE.

3. Any advice on soil to use? I know I need to lay down lime salt first.

4. dolomite lime*

I just use Pro-Mix B, which is the Pro Mix without any nutrients in it. I like to control all the nutes my plant gets.

FFoF (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) is mentioned all over this forum and trust FF products myself.

Whatever soil you get mix either; perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, or lava rocks with your soil

Say 60-70 percent soil and 30-40 percent of any one or the mix of the choices above.

MJ loves drainage and it also allow Oxygen to the roots as well.

5. To answer your first question about strains, Guerilla Gold will finish by mid september, mold resistance isnt the best, Early girl does great and will finish by late september and I never found any mold but has a small yeild, C99 has a great yeild, good resistance to mold, strong potency, and finishes begenning of october.

"Any advice on soil to use? I know I need to lay down lime salt first."
    The most affordably quality soil is to make your own, 30% organic matter, 40-50% sphagnum peat moss, and 20-30% perlite, then add domolite lime, a shovel of compost for micro life, and soil ammendments and you have soil better than ocean forest or most other soils sold on the market.
    15%wormcastings
    15%composted chicken manure
    50%sphagnum peat moss
    20% perlite

Kelp meal
    alfalfa meal
    bat guanos
    crab shell meal
    neem seed meal
    bone meal
    greensand
    azomite or other mineral rock dusts
    mycos

That would be my recomendation.

6. Nirvana swiss cheese, purple power, purple maroc. great for the UK and great for New england as we have similar climates.

Ive also heard early girl and frisian dew are good but have no experience of growing them