New ebb and gro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by stevewhite2211, May 30, 2012.

1. #1 stevewhite2211, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    Hello folks! Posted in the Past not too much help heh. But i am underway now and almost fully set up.

For starters ill name what i don't have. A digital PH meter( i have the liquid tester). An inline fan. an HPS (will have before flowering at 400w)

My set up so far is only 4/12 pots with the E&G as i am new to growing, I had decided to grow only that much because well, A i spend way too much money on pot, and my grandmother has severe cancer of the brain and lung (and spreading rapidly) i even hope i can harvest and cure that i can ease something for her, and where i am it isn't legal. However i have no priors, love to gain knowledge and it is just plain fascinating!

What i do have : 4ft 4 bulb T5 and 175 Sunburst MH. E&G 12. Water heater, air pump (two 4'' stones) a legit fan, a dehumidifier 70pt, homemade scrog net (if i even use) 3 part GH (also the start up kit with the E&G package). Rock-wool cubes, shears.Also i have TDS meter a friend gave me. It is of course a TDS Pen. The kicker is he has never calibrated it, i don't have the solution ( or screw driver) or the gumption to obtain it, and i cant even find it anywhere on the web, its rather non-descriptive lol.

This i obtained before i lost my job. Now i an jobless and have saved just enough for a little more hydroton and a cheap 400w hps.

My grow room is my major concern. No matter how much i clean it it is like sweeping a dirt road. I had a hell of a time making wedges ( from old wood that likely has mold on it) to even out my buckets and control bucket. My concern being is that my plants ( I'd say 8 days into veg and looking healthy) will contract powdery mold. It is in my basement which is, well frankly the kind of basement you see in a horror movie. The humidity was I'd say 80% before i started to clean and air out. with the dehumidifier it is down to just under 60% and still dropping.

My major issue is when i started to clean everything out it was all covered in mold (PM), every nook and cranny, every object i touched. For about a week i bleach sprayed everything (wearing a respirator) and left the windows open (yes windows in my basement) and left a small light on in each room. I brushed most of it off the wall but its literally EVERYWHERE. I did what i could and just... well mylared the walls.

Will the bleached mold still be a huge issue? (as my common sense dictates yes). For the most part is fell right off after a few days of bleaching when i touched it with a broom, though i am a pessimist so i'd like to say i got 70% of it. It freaks me out to think of how much time and effort i put into cleaning up this space and it being all for naught.

I swear already one of my little guys had a small white circle on it which i gently rubbed off. They are still in the room because it is the only space allowed to me. Anyways enough about that i hope someone will have some insight.

The room it 4' wide' 6' long and 5' tall. I plan on having a 400W for flower, and hopefully an inline fan at some point. i will also supplement with the 175 MH. right now my temp is almost a constant 80 degrees, though it has been pretty damn hot and really humid here lately and bounces from 76-82ish degrees. Plants Germed in rock-wool put into 5' net pods which i put into the E&G buckets at what i feel should be an OK depth, the cubes are slightly above the waterline. (i will hand feed still till i feel the roots are large enough to catch the water). Though admittedly i will be guessing when that will be.

I would like to share pics but as i said where i am it isn't legal and i am super paranoid, even just saying it here makes me worried. Also my dumb sisters wanna be thug b/f stumbled into my project all drunk and nosy. He is a prior convict, at least 4 times that i know of, and i am pretty sure is a nark... the worst kind, a jealous greedy nark. So i may have to ditch this because he can screw himself if he thinks i am supplying him. I am not doing it for money, it's for myself and my Gma. I am not going to freak out completely though because its only 4 plants, 8 at the most if i get carried away. But in the meantime for 4 plants, ill take the risk. Plus I've invested so much time and money into it.

My strains are 2 NL Autos and 2 WW. Both from G13 Labs. I also have one bag seed about two weeks in as my experiment. I am shocked he is thriving. I say HE because i purposely take it out and experiment and see the progress with him and his roots. So i am sure its been all sorts of stressed. Still very healthy though. I will not be putting him with the other 4 as to keep them from fighting for light. Right now all 4 went from the MH in which they all grew under to about almost full seedling stage, to a 4ft 4 bulb T5 HO. The third set of leaves are in and starting to get large already.

I am unsure when to add nutes. I have misted them with a weak dosage (and watered them once) they seem to be OK. I may water again with it in the AM after they wake up. I would have to say I've been doing well not over feeding them as they are all straight and the leaves are slightly perky. Even though i am new i treat them as if they were a person and let them tell me what they need when they need it. I read it everywhere and PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE!

So, other than wanna be thugs and PM i am OK.... heh, on that note any ideas, tips, encouragement or warning about the PM and if its habitable for my babies. I can deal with the loser. Or hell blame it all on him lol. I am doing my best the bring the humidity down, but not so low as to hurt the babes.

TY GC fans!

2. Bump... Bump... any thoughts on the PM?

3. And would it be cool and or safe if i posted pics anyways? It's be nice to share with someone! :) They are still lookin healthy though once again, i still find myself wiping off leaves here and there and i am not sure if i am noticing PM on my hydroton? or are the white flecks normal? Hope to get something soon!

4. Post some pics

5. Ok. i am in a diff. state for the next few days visiting my Gma, and when i get back home it will be the first thing i do. She did however get her prescription for thc pills or w/e they may be called. And my father tells me she is legally able to grow herself!! However today is the first i've seen her in a month and well... she does not look well at all. hoping i can make it in time! I wish powdery mold got cancer instead...