new dwb production line- must see

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TokerCT, Dec 11, 2010.

1. #1 TokerCT, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    Stemless 26 inch double gridded 50 slit jumbo showerhead with 50 hole disc perc above it for a whopping 200 points of diffusion and ice choke. I will be getting one before new years for sure to report back with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 twin2, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    Nice man, DWB is sending me one of the logic tubes with something they call a "pinwheel" perc.. That thing looks like it rips..This tube is to tide my over until the custom is done. ;)

3. Just contacted them about doing a custom worked tube with waffle and showercap. There prices and work seems well done.

4. Good man... You've made the right choice! Haha Damn its starting to sound like I work for DWB...I'm so stoked to get my pieces I just can't stop thinking them! lol

(I DO NOT work for DWB; I was just kidding)

5. Haha I didn't know anything about them before today. I saw you or someone else post their name somewhere else. I've been talking to SSFG and GMD about doing a custom tube, but both are too backed up and one doesn't have the capability yet. Hopefully the quote for what I want isn't too crazy, I doubt it though because their prices seem very reasonable. Can you describe this "Pinwheel Perc"? What can I expect for turn around time do you think?

6. Ahh I wish I could explain the "pinwheel" perc all I know is that it doesn't look like a pinwheel and I think it might be something like a stemline with even less resistance?(If thats possible) Drew, the head glass blower, explained the perc to me over the phone and it sounded so cool I just told him I wanted THAT one. lol As far as turn around time, they have fairly good communication but I know they're going to be busy until the middleish of January. My piece(s) is(are) next on the list! :)

7. Perc-Bong.com says that a pinwheel perc is like a "ring" perc,The ring is a variation on the tree percolator. These have a u-bend that wraps around the up stem and contain either holes or slits. This would be a “slow-draw” percolator and is usually found in shorter pieces. Altering the air flow for intentional drag is claimed to create a smoother hit.

yeah idk i still dont get it either. I got a sick DWB logic comin in the mail next week, 45 degree stemless (for ashcatch), dichro w/ black, blue, green and purple reversal, and fumed marbles that look like galaxies. also because its late hes throwin in an oil dome, hot stick, nug jar and dish, all from the same sections!! DWB FTW!:hello:

8. absolutely sick nasty diffusion action!!! i wanttttttttt

9. Haha yeah I'm getting allll the accessories.

10. Isn't he like the fucking chillest dude ever?

11. awwwwwwwwww that is sooooo awesome.

I was wondering when I was going to see a gridded disc diffuser. I was thinking of sending that design to GMD myself for a bubbler. But I would much rather it in the form of a tube, like how you have.

12. Yeah I talked to drew for a whileeee on the phone about my piece. They really are passionate about blowing glass and it shows.

13. Soooooooo much diffusion. Looks amazing.

Just dont knock that thing over! :smoke:

14. It would probably be fine anyways. It's all made with 5mm or 7mm glass.

15. These are sicknasty. Will be getting one after x-mas.

16. Oh and I talked to DWB about the length.. This was the first jumbo showerhead tube that they've done with the new jumbo showerhead model. Ideal length will be from 17-22inches; and much more proportional

17. Hahah, thanks for the kind words guys! To clear it up, when you're talking to someone online, it's ALWAYS me (Darren) and when you speak on the phone, it's usually the head blower (Drew), but I field calls sometimes.

Either way, we are both chill guys ;)

18. Hey Darren,

Like someone posted below, since his order was late you threw in an oil dome, dish, etc. Do you do that with all late orders? Because I remember seeing that someone else on the forums got the same deal when their order was a little bit late. If so, thats awesome that you are doing that for these people. How much would you guys at DWB normally charge for an oil dome, poker, jar, and dish? If you can't post on here because of potential advertising (even though more people should know about this) send me a PM on here.
    Peace.

19. Yes, we try to satisfy! Ideally, there would BE no late orders, and in the very beginning, we were still learning the ropes of dealing with online orders. Since we're so new, I know that the first impression our company makes in the community is VERY important, so we really wanted to convey that we don't think of all you guys as walking wallets, you're people, smoking connoisseurs even, and should be treated as such.

That being said, as we are so new, I haven't really been able to do a cost analysis on how much we can charge to keep the prices low but still turn enough profit to make it worth it. We'd definitely like our prices on accessories to be as reasonable on our tubes, so I can pretty much guarantee that whatever they normally go for from a big name blower, we'd do them for less.

Semi worked Oil dome with nail and fitting would be maybe 40 bucks, the hot stick 10, the jug 20, and the dish another 15 or 20, really depends on the color work, but yeah, the whole package would retail for like 100 bucks....obviously not what it costs us to make, but still, we feel it should more than make up for any delay!

20. Thanks for that reply, and wow, you replied to two of my questions, and one being an older thread. Shows a lot in your company like I have stated before in a different thread. I shot you a message on ETSY about the price quote I was talking to you about earlier so the faster you could reply to that the better. Very, very impressed in your customer service.

Peace. :cool: