new drug! (well not quite)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TheAlmightyFunk, Sep 7, 2009.

1. I was browsing erowid today and i happened across a drug I did not know had any recreational value. CO2 apparently can be huffed the same as nitrous for a short high.
    Erowid Carbogen Vault

knowing full well that I have a tank of CO2 sitting in my closet I got very excited. Drugs are like toys to me, a new one just makes my day. So I grabbed a plastic bag and proceeded to huff some of the gas. The effects are instantaneous and I will say that I very much enjoyed them, no more than a seconded after inhalation my vision started to jiggle and everything looked really trippy. I waited a few minutes and tried again, same effect. So far that is my experience, I'm taking a break for a few days just in case it happens to be horribly bad for my body. Fellow blades, this may be a new party drug, it is easy to acess, fun and seems to be harm free. input?

2. How the fuck do you have a CO2 tank in your closet? JW haha

3. paintball gun, oh and I forgot to add, there is definably an afterglow. When I burp it slips away though

4. oh shit! really. i have a paintball gun with co2.. but its out of co2 :(

5. woah thats freakin cool i gotta get my hands on some Co2 tanks haha. probly easier to get than nos.

6. I have a whole case of CO2 in my closet, but would love more info before i try it.

7. in case anyone hasnt noticed carbon dioxide and oxygen is what we breathe, and thats Co2.

8. They're called whip-its. You can buy the rig at sex shops and shit. Okay to try it a few times but definatly not good for the brain lol

9. You can get carbon dioxide poisoning, it is definitely an unsafe drug to use.

10. It doesn't really work that way, the carbon and oxygen atoms are bonded together, your body couldn't separate it on it's own.

This also sounds like a super-easy way to suffocate yourself. Purposely inhaling large amounts of CO2 can fuck your brain to hell and back.

11. No, nitrous is different. And nitrous hasn't been found to do any direct damage, at least not without excessive use.

12. lmao c02
    carbon dioxide
    is what you exhale, breathe out 24/7
    why dont you grab a big bag and keep huffin that?

13. what would be the difference between breathing co2 and nitrous... both are giving your brain less oxygen (well maybe no oxygen)

14. #14 UU_ood, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    As korey pointed out:
    "Prolonged exposure to moderate concentrations can cause acidosis and adverse effects on calcium phosphorus metabolism resulting in increased calcium deposits in soft tissue. Carbon dioxide is toxic to the heart and causes diminished contractile force."
    Also, you are breathing in co2 which increases the risk of hypercapnia.
    And nitrous deprives you of oxygen for as long as you hold your breathe.

15. This is true, but I doubt huffing some CO2 every once and a while is going to cause serious health problems.

16. That really isnt safe man.....

17. i hear holding your breath till you pass out is pretty fun too...

18. What kind of things would have CO2 in them anyway? I don't have a tank lol.

19. have fun getting high from oxygen deprivation. btw you get the same effects from choking yourself and huffing air duster. their all great ideas :rolleyes: