Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New double perk bong w/ ash catcher! Tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GeeDawg37, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hey guys, so i recently purchased a new bong. its a double perk and it has an ash catcher. (link to picture below) i have had bongs in the parst but none with a perk or an ash catcher. i was curious if there is anything i should know about talking good care of it. i know to clean glass ocasionaly with glass cleaner and to scrape downstem/ bowl if necisary... but is there anything elce i should know? also whats the best/ most efficiant way to fill it? the method ive been using is to just pour water in the top and then blow down to fill the perks (with down stem removed to avoid overflow), and then filling up the main chamber through the stem. is this the best way? please let me know if there is anything i should be doing to keep good care of this. :)
    THANKS!

/Users/GeeDawg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/08/26/20120826-224936/IMG_1367.jpg

2. That`s not how you link to a picture dawg, that`s the file location on your computer.

3. Lmao picture fail.

That sounds like the best way to fill it, as far as I can tell without a pic.

One tip I have is: do NOT attempt to clean it while blazed, that's how shit breaks

4. Second that shit, every piece I've ever broken I was blazed. Once in college I decided to clean my bowl while high. I decided that balancing the bowl on my leg was a good idea. It worked great until i had to stand up and get the iso....... After that. Not so much.

5. #5 Batmanchu, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    This. A thousand times this. My bong slipped out of my hands while cleaning it, and I broke my perc. So pissed.

It was a nice bong too, but I got it for $75 so it's not too much of a loss.

[​IMG]

Be careful, or that shit happens

6. One tip tho to help you out. buy some lemon juice and put a few drops into the bong water. it keeps your bong cleaner for longer.

7. Thanks for the advise guys. I actually broke a bubbler a while ago cleaning it while i was blazed :( the lemon juice sounds interesting and i will tryi it. Also is there any specific glass cleaner that is the best? Do i have to order the bong cleaner online or can i get somethig at the hardware store?

8. Isopropyl Alcohol (AKA rubbing alcohol) + rock salt. :hello:

9. This combined with the lemon juice will work wonders