New daily driver build

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by jungleman420, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Building a new daily driver to replace my current one. Its an 1984 s-10 blazer. I got it this spring as a wreck. It needed a fender bumper and hood. After getting it home it lost oil pressure and quit pulling. I yanked the motor and trans and started cleaning and painting everything. I pulled the motor and trans out of another truck i had. It needed a different trans and motor mounts.

Frame was cleaned and painted using oven cleaner and pressure washer. Cheap paint from walmart. Motor was cleaned using oven cleaner and a pressure washer. Painted using Vht engine enamels. Cast iron grey and cast aluminum. All the wiring was seperated cleaned and reloomed using new covering.

Headman headers, transdapt mounts, on a custom exhaust. Heres a few pics to show where im at with it. Hope to have the motor in it tomorrow afternoon. Like to hear it run for a minute but it might not happen.

Attached Files:

2. nice project man, what motor are you dropping in?

3. Its getting a 350 i had set aside as a spare. Shouldnt be to much longer before i get it drivable maybe thursday if im lucky.

4. #4 jungleman420, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Still aint driving it yet but the ac is gonna work. I had to clearance the radiator support to move everything forward about 2 inches. I relocated my ac condenser in front of the core support. Also found my aluminum brakets for all my accessories. Fan is a two speed gm unit from a 93 olds 88. It flows a ton of air. Heres a few pics of the core support after test fitting everything. Also included a pic of fitting my headers and custom fit plug wires.

5. Looks like you got a lot of work, nice progress though, hope it's running soon