New Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shalom Salaam, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Finally! It's been over a year, but season 6 starts tonight.

By Rob Owen
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" looked like it could have ended its run last season when Larry (Larry David) went to heaven.

But David said he ultimately decided to return because even though he makes himself miserable doing the show, he's also miserable not making it.

"Every season that I do is my last season. That's the only way I can get through the season," David said.

"The way I trick myself is I tell everybody it's the last season, and then I go, 'Oh, maybe I'll do another one.'

"The season ended, the editing was done, and I went into my office and I'm sitting at my desk and I went, 'Geez, I don't have anything to do.' I thought, 'What am I gonna do now? This is very uncomfortable, I better do another season.' "

The 10-episode sixth season premieres at 10 p.m. Sunday and its last episode may or may not be the final hurrah.

"It could be the last show, it may not be the last show, I'm not sure," he said.

"It was written as a could-be-the-last-show-ending and not-be-the-last-show-ending.

"Let's just see when I get back to my desk in October if I want to do it again."

In the new season, Larry's do-gooder wife Cheryl (Cheryl Hines) decides they should adopt a "hurricane family" from New Orleans.

An African-American family with the surname Black moves into the David home.

"Your last name is Black? That would be like if my last name was Jew," Larry says, much to the chagrin of the family.

The Black family becomes a fixture in the David home through at least the new season's third episode.

Sunday's premiere also features a cake shaped like a penis, followed in episode two by a semen-stained bedspread.

Sex isn't the only topic.

David, who also comes up with most of the stories, also investigates "the law of the dry cleaners" and how to better one's image through a not-so-anonymous donation.

David admits "there's a very fine line between TV Larry and me," which begs the question, since David is divorcing his real-life wife, will TV wife Cheryl (Cheryl Hines) get the boot should the series return for a seventh season?

"Oh, it's too bad you're gonna be off the show," David teased Hines.

"Oh, what a shame. It's a good idea for the seventh season, by the way."

Sounds awesome. Who's gonna be watching?

2. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, sadly though, we don't get HBO, so I've seen them all on DVD

Last season was hilarious, he gets to Heaven and starts arguing with his guardian angels, lol

I'll have to see if they have the new season on On-Demand

3. Great show with great material. The dude cracks me up! I just wish sometimes he'd be a little bit easier on him self in the show. Like, give yourself a break every once in a while! I want a show to end with me being happy that Larry is happy for once.

4. Hahah, I love that show but don't have HBO as well. I saw it at a friends house, the only one I saw about weed. The main guy with glasses ended up paying a hooker to go to a baseball game with her and she ended up selling him a sack of weed to help his dad's eyes....Or something like that.....:smoking:

5. That show is Seinfeld on steroids. Larry David is a genius.

6. lol great show
    thought the first episode this season was great

7. I've seen every season now.
    It's one of favorite shows, right up there with seinfeld, entourage, etc.

8. it was awesome

it'd be like if my name was larry jew

9. Yo salaam where you live kid? I get te POst Gazette too! It's a dec. paper but I"m looking for a better hookup.

10. I got the article online, I don't get the paper (I live in Cali...).

The episode was fucking awesome! I can't wait for the next one. Oh man, I missed this show.