New Computer!

Discussion in 'General' started by JonBongJovi, May 22, 2006.

1. I just wanted to share how excited I am about my new computer. It's the new top of the line MacBook from Apple. Check it out here.

My iBook died in a big way this week(looks like logic board issues) and I have a pile of work to do under a deadline and I'm going away for almost a week on Thursday so I didn't have much choice but to buy a new computer. I was probably going buy this thing anyway but I really needed a working computer. The iBook may be fixed under a logic board recall program but since I was about ready to retire it anyway it sort of made sense to pick up the new computer.

I bumped the RAM up to 1 GB and just finished transferring over all my info. It's very slick. It's got a built in webcam(iSight) so I can take quick pics of weed and pieces instead of using my digital camera and uploading pics from there. It even comes with a remote so you can control the music or DVD that playing from across the room.

Other sexy features: magnetic latch(no moving parts in latch), slot loading CD/DVD drive, DVD burner, MagSafe power adapter(disconnects if you trip over the cord, thus saving your laptop from crashing to the ground), glossy widescreen display.

My last laptop was a G3 iBook and this thing blows it out of the water so far. I was thinking about my family's first computer(Macintosh LC II) and how it compares to this one. 33 MHz vs. 2 Ghz, 8MB of RAM vs. 1 GB, 80 MB hard drive vs. 80 GB. Isn't it amazing how far we've come in around 13 years?

Please no mac bashing. If you prefer Windows and PCs then that's your prerogative but anyone who posts nothing more than "Macs suck" or something similar can piss off.

One pic before I go...
    [​IMG]

2. haha, that looks badass man. i only have a PC cause i cant afford a Mac. :smoking:

3. Yeah, dude. Macs are awesome have fun with it!

I, personally have a Dell laptop. :(

4. I also have a dell notebook. but its got the widescreen so Im reppin it correctly.

DEM FOOLZ ALDAYZZ BEE TRIYN TO KATCH MI RIDEN DUURTIII.

5. Nice comp. I always tell people that Mac is the best, but they think PC or Microsoft is better, but I always say fuck that gay shit Apple is better than yo mama's pussy haha

6. I like PC only for the fact thats it has a broader range of stuff for it.

if Bootcamp improves in later dates to come, I'll prolly be looking into a Mac one day.

7. Neither are better, they both just have different things they come out strong in.

That's a badass mac and I'd love to have it for productivity.

I hold to my custom PC's for the hardcore gaming and it's also the interface I grew up with so I'm more comfortable with it.

At the end of the summer I'll be throwing down about two grand on a new PC. I save a lot of money building my own. An AlienWare of equivalent power would cost atleast twice as much. Crazy bastards.

How much did that set you back again?