New Commercial Grow / Nursery

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Gonna pull up a chair if you don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've attached a dissertation on TC, but as you stated, its not as user friendly as the instruction manual I passed on previously. You may want to browse through it also @918AutoGrower

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can’t open the attachment.

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

4. i just downloaded it from what i posted and it works, but its .pdf file (portable document format) which is commonly opened using adobe's viewer.

5. Still putting these shelves together!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Are you using Tapatalk?

7. no.

8. That’s why it’s not working for me. I’m using Tapatalk on my phone. Can you just email it to me? headgrower@dojicannabis.com

I would like to take a look at it

9. I've been playing with tissue cultures for the last 14 months now. It definitely works, but can be more complicated then its worth depending on what your goals are. I've had a long day so wanted to get something posted, but will try to remember to come back and post more details/information.

Pros of Tissue Culture:
    Great for storing genetics in limited spacing, and very limited maintenance once a proper culture has been stabilized.
    Great for growing uniform clones by the hundreds or thousands if needed. This is KEY for large commercial growers because unlike traditional cloning methods of getting a branch to root, which creates variations in health, height and overall growth, clones created by proper tissue culture samples are significantly more uniform in structure and growth, allowing for more predictable growth patterns and uniform canopy.
    Great way to remove/isolated diseases or contaiminations that might exist on the mother plant.

Cons of Tissue Culture:
    Can quickly become overly complicated and have a huge setup cost depending on what your goal is.
    If your just looking to clone, traditional cloning methods with grow blocks or aero cloners are FAR FAR more cost effective and faster.
    If you do not have "clean" handling practices you can quickly lose an entire population do to contamination.

You can easily experiment with some tissue cultures of your own, with a very minimal investment ($50-$200) perhaps even less if you don't want to use the official stuff.

Here is link to the book I got all my media formulas from. Really clear details on what you need and how to mix.
    Link to book

I purchased all my hormones and "pre-mixed" media from PhytoTechonoly Labs. *Tons of other places sell what you need, but I'ved worked with them before so I just go with what I know.
    They also have a bunch of write ups on different tissue culture methods. I started with this one they have for orchids with success in cloning. Orchid Stem Propagation

I've been trying storing genetics and trying to create polyploid strains that are stable and also double haploids to speed up breeding. Fun stuff. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. [​IMG]

This is a temporary situation until my big grow tents arrive.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. I managed to download it, thank you, that's one hell of a comprehensive read! Far too deep for me, but fascinating to scan through.

• Like Like x 1
  12. you're getting there! it's looking great. i am in a great position to be the only dispensary in a huge area!! (cbd for now in my area) i feel pressured to open a shop quickly but having trouble getting started because my other business is keeping me so busy. one dispensary has opened up about 80 miles away. it is already working its way here. this has just in the last 2 months been legalized and right now, there is no brick and mortar shop anywhere near me. the time is now i feel like.

*need an east coast partner to run the shop honestly so i can grow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I love that idea.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Have you you successfully clones cannabis from tissue culture? If so, do you have any pictures or a thread?

15. some of us tell the public just like the brand new one thats opening up here Gibraltar Trade Center to be turned into medical marijuana facility perfect location .

16. This one I get since it is also a dispensary I did check and Michigan posts all address of all grow sites which to me is just crazy. IMO there is no valid reason the addresses should be public.

17. Hmm not entirely sure of your question. Are you asking if i've gotten a cutting to root out like traditional cloning in rockwool and/or aero cloner? Or are you asking if i've gotten something like the meristem cells to clone?

I don't have any pictures on my phone, but i'll snap one tomorrow when I stop by the lab. I'm too lazy too keep a thread going haha.

18. I'm rooting (pun intended) for ya. Have had a few bad experiences with owning and starting grow ops so I would love to see you make it. If I can help with any advice, not saying you need any, I would help where I can. I live in Washington State but my fingers work. Just some background-
    Growing indoors for 30 years. Consulted on several large commercial grows over the years and have had my own home grow for most of the last 30 years. Built a commercial start up in 2018 but investors ran out of money and then moved to owning a producer processor which I got locked out of after it started making money. Now work as a gardener in a top 10 producer/processor in WA. Signed a non disclosure with my work but 95% of what we do there I already knew.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I agree. I can’t believe those lists are being made available. Since you brought up the topic, I have spoken to several other growers and licensee holders and we are going to petition the Oklahoma medical marijuana association.

• Like Like x 1
  20. A lot of progress in just a couple of days. I can’t remember the last time I had this much fun

[​IMG]

These are some of my alpha moms

[​IMG]

And my beta moms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my work area that I just put together.

[​IMG]

Blocking out the doors and windows with panda film. Nothing to see here!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7