New Commercial Grow / Nursery

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Aug 6, 2019.

1. #1 918AutoGrower, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Okay you guys, it's time to do this again. I left my other commercial job, because my boss (the owner the license holder) was an ass hat, and a pussy for not having the balls to fire me. He just stopped paying me, which forced me to quit. He also highjacked my genetics. He forced me out just before the first crop came down, which would have enabled him to actually pay me what we agreed upon. So basically he owes me $18k and some change. BUT.....

You see, I was raised to believe that in business and in life, you treat people the way you would want them to treat you if you were in their shoes....even if it costs you. It means you have your word and your word determines your reputation. You do what you said you would do....even if it costs you.

Which is why all of this has worked out to my advantage. The day after I was forced to quit my commercial grow job, I sent a message to a good friend of mine (and client) that I was no longer growing commercially, so if he had any graphic design or web design projects, please send my way because I needed work. After I told him what happened, we got to talking, and he said, "I'm coming over."

My friend is a businessman. He has money in everything. He wanted to get into this industry, but he doesn't use cannabis, and doesn't know anything about it. But he has a friend (me) who has some good knowledge about the industry, and has some growing experience. To make a long story short, within 12 days, he got me caught up on my mortgage, we signed the lease on a 1,875 sq ft facility, and we received approval for our commercial grow license in Oklahoma. 12 DAYS!

So, we are moving all of my lights, equipment, and plants to our new facility this week. We are commercial growers, yes. But, we are opening a nursery. We will primarily sell clones to other commercial growers and dispensaries. There is a HUGE need for it here. The commercial growers do NOT know what they are doing. They are going through the same trial and error that many new growers on this forum go through, which is why many of us are here — to help.

This time, I am a 50% owner, whereas before, I had zero equity in the business. Hell, I didn't even get a salary! But what I did get was 8 solid months of commercial growing experience — at least I learned enough to know which mistakes I'm not going to repeat with my own business. I have more square feet than my previous "employer," I will become profitable before he will, and my plants won't hermie like his are right now lmao. He let a bunch of his plants go WAY too long in flower, and they all hermied on him. That's what he gets for not listening to me.

So, this is the official thread for my new commercial grow. I'd encourage you to take this ride with me, because it's going to be a fun, challenging one. Our landlord used it for an axe throwing place for him and his friends to hang out. There are two bathrooms, with a shower in one of them. I have 3 inside water connections, and 1 outside water connection. There is a large plot of land behind the building which also comes with the lease, and we plan on putting at least two 20' greenhouses back there. The building is on a concrete slab, which is fantastic. It has a new 5-ton air conditioner which does a great job of keeping the building cool. There are two rollup doors with garage door openers, which makes deliveries easier. All in all, it's a dream facility, and it's less than a mile from my house. I will probably be riding my little motorized scooter to the shop. Here are some pics of the facility.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. This is gonna be a good one. Subscribed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear all that, wow. Sounds like that last guy was a total chump.

Subbed

4. Subbed for the ride

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

5. no need to worry that asshole will be out of business very soon.
    im also in detroit lot of available property here cheap .
    if you need any help please ask . if you need a electrician to wire your 220 and junction blocks message me i can get you set up with a single meter up to 20 k watts any more the meter will melt lol .
    if you have more then its time to ask dte to add another meter then we do 40k watts
    for hanging lights vents i have ideas but answers are subjective what is the best
    i have 4 gage wire cheap per foot we can get it to code . i can do the cheapest
    good work .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Subbed!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

7. Subbed for sure - - your journals are always super informative and interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Are you in Oklahoma or something?

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

9. We are on a shopping spree for shelves and equipment!

I really like these big shelves but they aren’t quite tall enough to stack two rows of vegging plants on them.

[​IMG]

We are getting 25 of the chrome metal shelves.

[​IMG]

Might get some of these.

[​IMG]

I really need to decide what I’m going to use for lighting over my rooted clones (in Solo Cups). I think once I choose the propagation lights I want to use, it will be easier to use in the right shelves.

10. Sorry to hear about that but congratulations on the new digs looks VERY exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 918AutoGrower, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    First video update!

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. You ever going to join us on the other forum? I’m sure you’ll get all the answers you need.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. seems all too common in this game sadly.

14. Hopefully he will see the light & come over

15. Headed to the post office Peter Parker .

• Like Like x 1
  16. wow, congrats!

as an aside, who the hell has property just lying around for a private axe throwing club? lmao. love it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wow, your old partner was a douche! Your new partner sounds exactly the opposite.

Good karma wins!

Subbed. Looking forward to seeing it all come together. :)

18. People with too much money.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I’m trying out Spider Farmer’s new quantum board design. So far I really like it! The plants are praying and look very happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1