New Club Banger / Southside Style Beat

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ChipThaRipper, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Not really my style of music but I won't lie, it bangs. Nice job man

2. Thanks man appreciate it

3. Honestly its ok but not much of a change up or breakdown between hook and verse

4. true if you listen to a lot of southside his beats don't change much

5. be original homie, thats how you gonna make it.

dont do the next man do you. lex luger even said that.

6. #7 ChipThaRipper, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    Give some advice to someone else

7. and if you want im more than down for a beat battle with you

8. Im good on the trap music, Ill leave it to the dick riders

9. lol yeah thats what I thought bud keep moving along

10. I was giving you real advice nikka!

Your not going to be the next lex luger copying his style, you got to develop your own style homie, just work hard at it and build your personal sound kit, one day you be as good as me

11. then beat battle me

12. #14 silenceme, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    Honestly it is VERY repetitive... I can't stand listening to the same hi pitched riff for 3 minutes....

It's not really my style so I don't know what else to say, I feel no emotions listening to this.... i dont feel a connection with it. It feels like I would enjoy this extremely fucked up, and even then that riff will drive me insane....

But if you really dig this that's all that matters...I definitely agree with fritz though, it's basically cut and copy rip off of many artists i've heard. It sounds very loopy, something that could be made in like 10 minutes.... Try spending a couple hours working on a song and see where that gets you.

I just don't imagine any intelligent rap over this ya know? I imagine fuck bitches get money, that's cool if you wanna go for that but I just don't connect with music like that. Not feelin' those vibes

Good luck with what you got though, I know there are people out there that dig this... I just dont go to those parties :rolleyes:

13. I am going for club, trap, dirty south style. This is right up that alley.

Listen to how repetative all these are:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW6j4EqCcUk]Gucci Mane - ' Trap Back ' ( Prod. By Southside ) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNnKXqeMTaU]Gucci Mane - Stepped In (DJ Holiday) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgcgBFFow4]808 Mafia TV Episode 3.5 FETTI GANG TakeOva! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9zP4YeHN0]Game - Bottle's & Rockin' J's (Explicit) (No DJ) - YouTube[/ame]

14. #16 silenceme, Apr 15, 2012
    Yeah..and i don't like any of those songs for the same reason....

Repetitive=worse

In my eyes at least, I look for detail, variety, new styles, different beats, effects..... that style is just very simplistic for me, just don't connect with it musically or emotionally.

One of those songs literally said "Fuck bitches get money"

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE lyrics man, i'm sorry. There is no deep thinking involved in that, think of how that influences kids that listen to that too....

Do you really want to promote messages like that? I mean I don't hear any rapping over your beat but I can only assume that's what you'd want..

"bottles and rockin change"

Yeah DEFINITELY not feelin' that, please don't do this to be COOL. Do it for the emotion and musical connection, do you really TRUELY connect with "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY, BOTTLES AND ROCKIN CHANGE, POP YOU FOOL" ????

Honestly it sounds like kids tryin to act cool, where is the actual MUSIC? Take away the clothes, the attitude, and what are you left with? 2 annoying riffs that loop for 3 minutes.... yeah.. not my style.

Ever heard of Lil b? He purposely makes fun of this type of music, and people actually like his music... but it's just shows how easily people fall for generic/girls/money lyrics, it's pretty pathetic actually.

15. lol what a hater

16. #18 silenceme, Apr 15, 2012

Just my opinion man...

You connect with artists that connect with themselves. Your music style promotes more hate then I ever will in my entire life, don't call me a hater....

I think you are capable of making something a lot better musicially, which will bring the more intelligent raps.....but something tells me you don't want that, you'd rather party and fuck bitches...

I'll admit I'm more biased because I live in a party town where kids listen to this music, and guess what? Most of these kids are douchebags ,disrespectful, and very untrustworthy.

That's what happens when you say fuck bitches get money, fuck education, fuck dealing with your problems, go fight someone.

Just really think about it, you want to promote that in your life? That sounds like hate to me brother.

Also I realize not all music of this style will promote lyrics like that, but let's be honest.... 90% of it does.

Sorry if i'm super harsh, but this style of music has literally impacted my town and turned some kids into total assholes who only care about their clothes,girls, and money.

17. I promote banging instrumentals and that's it.

18. "I promote banging instrumentals and that's it."

Good. And if you do get someone to rap over your beats, PLEASE make it mean something ...I think it would compliment that style A LOT more.

Good luck with your beat making :hello: