New clone trouble

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CaptainP, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Just cut a clone off of a mother. 45• cut. Shaved some of the Side stem .... Small verticle cut at base of stem to promote roots... Used a rooting gel...I have holes in the bottom of the solo cup it's planted in and have only lightly watered from the bottom.
    I have a bit of a dome on top( transparent solo cup) continues to show moisture on the sides for the past two days
    It's environment is stable and has been proven to work in past. ( assuming its got enough light )

The issue is that the few leaves are dropping a lot. The cutting still has great color, I can't tell is any roots have started growing.

Is this dying? Or can I expect a cutting like this do droop at first as part of its transition?

2. usualy droop if its not humid enough.

powder rooting product > gel

3. im kinda dealing with the same thing, its been close to two weeks and no actual deaths have occurred thankfully...however, some leaves started yellowing from the tips inward about 3-4 days ago, and smaller leaves from the top have their tips curling up...i know yellowing is a sign of root growth but i'm starting to think these may be on their death march...

i used powder hormone to begin with and i was spraying them since the cutting with molasses and liquid seaweed solution...i just finished doing that maybe 3 days ago, they stayed in the dome for over a week, as they did not like the outer conditions yet and thats when i got a lot of drooping...now that they're out i'm using a dropper with willow water to help encourage the root growth more, i guess i won't be sure they've taken root till i really see some veging going on.

-best of luck to you and yours

4. Too close to lights? Temp too high? Curling upward might have to do with something like that.

5. they're about 15" below 1 26w, 65k CFL with 2 other of the same spectrum in the room for my other babies...set up like in the "8 oz. for under $100" book...temp is usually around mid 70's all day, it's definitely the coolest of the 2 rooms.

I did have 4 other clippings before these and those were dead in a week but they were the first i've ever done so i figured some complications would arise. That was also before i started using the willow water to supplement and probably didn't root them at a node...when i pulled them, the tips where i cut had blackened and i guess just rotted. I also probably had them too close to the lights as well...but ya, i'm optimistic since they haven't kicked it yet