New cigarette pack warnings for Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by DanceBass, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I knew they gave you lung cancer, but I didn't know they could turn you into a zombie....

2. Goverment shouldnt be involved in buisness, who the fuck wants to see a dieing person on a cig pack who couldnt control themselves? Its not my probelm, and we pay money for it, we shouldnt have to see this shit

3. If it wasn't a comparison, then why'd you bring it up. No, i do not agree with pedophiles, and I would stop them if I could. No, i do not agree with smokers, but I'm sure they've gotten shit from countless other people. You can't state one thing and say it applies to another when you just said they're unrelated.

I'm not asking you to spark me up, nor am I telling you to agree with me. I just don't think its necessary to go into a thread made for smokers, and tell them to stop.

4. I'm just trying to piss you guys off and maybe make you think about what you're doing. I have seen countless loved ones die from this disgusting bullshit, yet you argue how I shouldn't say anything? Fuck that, I know I can't stop you from doing it, but you shouldn't tell me not to try.

You waste money, and are inhaling death. If you want to continue, be my guest.

5. Thank you for your approval.

6. Holy fuck smoking turns people into zombies

7. Do the packs really look like that? man that would suck. I might buy a pack and just empty them all out into a different container.

8. I told you, I don't smoke.

I hate seeing people looking down on others and pushing their opinions, especially in GC, where people come to escape. But, in the end, I can't stop you I guess.

9. :laughing:

seriously BTG, its not like smokers don't know what they are doing to their bodies.. a less attractive packaging isn't gonna change much in the grand scheme of things.

10. I am not pushing opinions, everything I said is true.

How can you refute the fact of all the money smokers waste, and the obvious deadly results of long term smoking? Those are not opinions sir.

That is all I have to say.

11. But why even try? It doesn't affect you in anyway if we smoke. We never come in contact with you, ever, in real life. So why tell us stop doing what we're doing when we know all the bad shit already?

12. As smokers we appreciate your concern for our health but we get so much shit about it so regularly that it all just to begins to sound patronizing. Even if you have the best intentions.

13. It is your opinion that people should stop, is it not? You have failed to bring up any facts about smoking up til this post, and comparing pedophiles with smokers is not a valid argument.

Its their money, not yours. Its their lungs, not yours.

14. [quote name='"Beton_Soldat"']Any Canadian smokers seen these yet? I saw some on my friends Belmonts a while ago and now I get them on my Canadians. If you haven't, it's just more graphic and it takes over 75% of the pack now. I saw ads like that on Australian cigarettes but never thought they'd come here too, lol. It really doesn't bother me, but I was wondering what you guys think? Here's the one I got today:[/quote]

Are there any pictures of fatal car accidents and people beating their wife and children on alcohol containers?

15. Now it's just getting repetitive.

Here's an argument that no one has mentioned, how about the influence on others that it has? If we can minimize the amount of smokers the amount of people smoking in the future will go down drastically. If smoking one day becomes "uncool" we will all live in a smoke free world.

What about second hand smoke? Kids that have to deal with baked out cars of cig smoke because their parents refuse to open up the window when it starts to rain but they still want to smoke a cig?

The fact of the matter is that it's NOT just your lungs. It's the people around you that suffer along with you.

Would you want someone offering your kid a cig? At that point would it be "his choice"?

16. I quit smoking last July after a good 10+ years as a regular smoker. I was never a heavy smoker. Never up to a pack a day. I STILL get the urge for a smoke. Especially this time of year when the weather starts getting nice again...
    Luckily I have maintained self control up to this point, but I wouldn't mind having pics like that on packs. Pretty sure it just reiterates what I already know, but makes it more immediate and real.
    It is so easy for young people to disregard the negative effects of tobacco because the personal impact isn't immediately visible.

17. [​IMG]

I love how half the warning on the irish ciggies are in a language that less then 10% of the population speak

As someone who does speak irish... the translations are pretty fuckin bad :laughing:

18. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2wST3eLBg[/ame]

19. Time to buy a case for my cigs. Well in a bit.
    Next doesn't have that on them around here at the moment.