new car. not much $$ though

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by wutangclan420, Feb 22, 2011.

1. aight so im buyin my own car. i shared a car wth my brother for a while n now im gettin my own. i make minimum wage but im bout to get like a 25 or 50 cent raise. im obviously gonna buy a used car. i would like somethin with some balls. i would LOVE a 96ish impala. or an impala in general. any suggestions. somethin that wont kill me on gas. somethin with balls. kinda cheap. (i no u cant get much balls for a cheap car)

prolly gonna have somethin between 2-5 g's by the time i find somethin. any suggestions?

2. ive been looking to get a car in that price range(around $2000) myself. If you wanna find an impala from the 90s for 2-5 you could probably find one with low mileage pretty cheap. There are more options for your price than you'd think. Anything japanese seem to last forever(as you probably know) as long as they are maintained. Another idea would be a Mercedes 300e or almost any old merecedes. If you can find one in good condition they look nice as hell and apprently will last forever with proper maintence. Hope this helps.

3. if moneys really tight you could look into chevy cavaliers for the early 2000s. there cheap and really reliable. but they dont really have balls like the impala. but it definitely would be reliable transportation

4. I drive a 2004 Grand Caravan... That thing actually has some balls:smoke: epic stereo (for stock), the 3.3L in mine has a nice roar to it if you step on it, although you coukd get one with a 3.8 that puts about 40 more hp than the 3.3... Plenty of places to stash shit also, and the seats make it hard for anything larger than a small dog(small meaning 30lbs) to get around the back.. Or get a 1989 Dodge Caravan Turbo... Tune it up, get a better turbo, and yOu sir have a sleeper van that will out run V8 mustangs

5. I had a '93 caprice, that car was a tank. Pretty bad on gas, but hell I didn't pay for it! Not very fast either unless you get the impala SS, but it could haul you and your buddies up hills and around town all day..

6. Dude, you're gonna see me saying the same thing in every thread like this, and I'll say it again: Get a Volvo! For that price range, youll easily be able to get a good condition, '98-'02/'03 S40 or S70. If the caprice was a tank, I don't know what a Volvo would be...

7. 98-02 Volvo S40 Curb weight, 1399–1426 kg (3084–3144 lb)

95 Caprice Curb weight: 4473 lbs.

Hmm...

8. He's saying it because Volvo's are safe, although tank isn't the word I'd use.

9. I agree with most people the caprice/impala is a wet ride(especially with rims) but imo if your dealing with bud you just cant drive that car....

10. Just don't black it out and get 22's..I drove one for over a year and never got pulled over except for "running a red"

11. 2004-2005 Dodge SRT-4

12. #13 wutangclan420, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    thanks for the feed back. been lookin at older camrys, caprices(most look like shit though lol) etc. was thinkin bout a civic but 2 many get stolen in my area so im thinkin fuck that.

also been tryna find a older monte carlo. they clean as fuck

13. been hittin up craigslist lke everyday. not gonna go anywhere near a police intercepter. heard to many stories. ill post a pic of what i get wen i get it lol
    thanks gc:smoke:

14. dont go near anything with high miles. this car will break down