Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Butane Lighter

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheMidsMan, Dec 6, 2008.

1. This thing is the shit. Does anyone else use these, or do you guys just use bics?

2. I use a soldering iron. I used to use bic lighters and shit, but the first time i tried a soldering iron i changed my mind about using lighters. I noticed that most of the taste was from the lighter, and with soldering i could actually taste my bud and it preserves more THC. Butane lighters are higher in temperature, eradicating some of the THC, whereas soldering irons are just hot enough to give the weed a cherry. Its at the right temperature and it burns much better for huge rips.

EDIT: wait a second... who in the fuck uses a magnifying glass to light weed? XDXD

3. Magnifying glasses all the way

4. and on overcast days?

5. I haven't thought that far, yet...

6. I USED to have one bic and one butane lighter on hand, but my lighter thief friends stole 'em. Now I'm rollin' with the matches I steal from restaurants. I'll p'rolly get another lighter whenever I go buy another pack of cigs, in the mean time I'm taking it old school. :p

7. I just like a good bic lighter, right when the bud cherries i take it away.

I dont like butane lighters for bud because i think it wastes too much bud, it just (torches) it.

8. Bic, you can avoid the horrible taste by not suffocating the bowl with the flame, just hold it far enough away that the bowls starts to combust and then take the lighter away. Works fine for me.

I use to have this nice torch butane lighter, I only used it for like Salvia though because it was a really intense flame and should only have been used when trying to get HUGE rips.

9. The nice thing with the butane is that its wind resistant(I smoke outside). Also, you dont have to hold the flame right on the bud like a bic, you can just use the heat it generates.

10. Magnifying glass is the best way to smoke imo... Here in socal we barely have overcast days even in the winter so its really not a big deal. in the case it is overcast, i just smoke a joint... Inhaling lighter fumes is disgusting... it will give us all cancer in like 15 years

11. I use beeline..

12. lol its overcast right now.

13. i want 2 get beeline so fuckin bad

14. I made a thread like this awhile ago. You'll want to include more in the poll. Matches, Clippers, Jet lighters... It's usually good old Bic for me. Convienent, and easily accessible.

15. butane torches are awesome for lightin blunts.

16. i use bee line

17. cant compare to solar hits. nothing does. they aren't convenient, but its the coolest and purest way. tastes so good

18. Don't use the butane lighter for bowls, it destroy's alot of the weed/THC. They work great for blunts though.

19. I'm god and I can breathe fire as a source of lighting my marijuana.

On days when I have a sore throat I use a .99 cent cvs lighter though.

20. jesus! am i the only one that uses a zippo?