Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New bong, advice required

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by N0tlivid, Jun 10, 2015.

1. #1 N0tlivid, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    Hopefully this is the right section otherwise, well.. fuck.

I've NEVER smoked from a bong, I've actually never even seen anyone use one in person before but a friend got me a glass one as a gift to save me rolling all the time.

The bong is pretty large and it has a pretty long downstem (I think that's what it's called). I didn't recieve a bowl with it, is this standard or do I required to purchase a bowl?

I currently have the bong itself along with the downstem piece but no bowl.
    I did get steel screens but I'm not sure how much use those will be..

Do I have to put a bowl onto the end of this downstem?

If I do then how do I know what size to get?

Link to images below:
    http://imgur.com/a/lHCV4

2. If it's never been smoked, just take it to a headshop. They'll fix you right up.

3. You bought a bong without a bowl? lololol good luck with that 

4. You could try putting a screen in the downstem, kinda looks like a bowl and downstem combined to me.  If not get a ruler or tape measure and see what size it is.  It will either be an 18mm(19mm) or a 14mm.

5. That's a downstem with bowl combined. Just grind up your weed in to a bit bigger chunks than normal and put it in the top, light and suck it. Also, I've seen that exact bong + downstem at my head shop 😁

6. I was sort of thinking it was. But the more I looked the more I convinced my self it was way to open to hold anything. I see how it works now though. A screen would be ideal.

7. Ya that's a bowlstem.... Bowl downstem in one. the screens should work but I would look at getting a proper downstem and bowl since the bowlstem looks like the opening is way to big for proper burn. And doesn't let you clear properly.