New Axe fragrance will apparently give you the sexual allure of a black man

Discussion in 'General' started by purpleblaze, Sep 24, 2008.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT64sfNWEbw

Now, I'm no expert, but it seems to me that this ad for "dark temptation" is playing on the insecurities of white men over their races' (perceived) sexual inferiority. Once sprayed with the aroma, the makers of axe would like you to believe that you will anointed with the sexual prowess of a black man, suddenly igniting the jungle fever that inherently exists in all white women. The ad concludes with the slogan "as irresistible as chocolate."

Well played, axe marketing team, well played.

2. That commercial was creepy as fuck.

As is your signature

3. I don't find it creepy, but the chocolate man looks suspiciously like a dude in blackface. Coincidence? I think not.

4. Story of Ricky FTW, In reference to your sig.

5. I think you're reading too much into it, perhaps projecting your own insecurities into your interpretation.

6. I was going to say you're overreacting, they're just trying to play on the "mysterious" persona that's supposed to get you laid, but since they made a white guy actually become a fudgey black man, yeah, it's saying you'll become negro wearing Axe.

7. lol... i like the Axe Bergmot, and Amber proximity stuff...
    sublte sweet smells, none of that shit that makes your nose curl up.

8. seriously your sig is fuckin creppy

9. kinda wierd

10. I almost bought a can of that yesterday, actually...

I usually detest Axe, but that one smells pretty good.

11. This won't increase my ability to mate

12. "If the babes can't smell from here, I'm Not Interested!
    And the names got to dominate, I DOMINATE"

13. i was guessing it smells like chocolate

14. But the movie is seriously awesome. Kun fu dude that can punch threw dudes. reminds me of some fist of the north star, Hokuto Shinken.

15. Maybe it just smells like sweaty nutsack, but with a hint of orange.

16. Nothing that comes out of a can is going to, really. You have better chances of not taking a shower for three days, going to a club and coming out lucky than coating yourself in shit that comes out of a can.

Your pheromones are there for a reason.

:D

17. haha nah dude, i think its just because women love chocolate. its like an essential to them, know what i mean? havent you ever heard a girl say, "i really need some chocolate right now"?

18. If you ever hear that, get away.

Far away.

19. #19 Reggin, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
    I've always wanted to smell like teh chocz0rz

20. I can't believe how many people didn't realize I was joking.