New Australian Study On Marijuana Proves Brain Damage?

Discussion in 'General' started by Soviet Sesher, Aug 11, 2012.

1. #21 mr man fan, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    In all honesty prolonged use probably does fuck us up slightly. It is also almost certainly a lot less harmful than alcohol which is legal,widely used and directly funded by the government. Fuck it man.

2. A few things:

1. That sample size is absolutely tiny.

2. Where do those universities receive their funding? I know for a fact that the MCRI receives a lot of government funding, and I guarantee that the others do too because they are public universities. Sorry, but I'm not going to believe any marijuana-related study that the government (or a government-funded institution) puts out. Period. Show me numerous studies from private institutions who use a much larger sample size and then I'll pay attention, but I won't take anything this study says seriously.

3. That was the vaguest description of a study I've ever seen. The sample size is next to nothing, and they are simply contrasting two groups of people. That's not direct evidence, yet the article suggest that it has been proven without a doubt "...scientists find". What a gross, misleading article.

4. #24 cball, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  5. People are stupid. You are ALWAYS killing brain cells no matter what you do. Every time you take a breath, all that excess nitrogen and shit in the air kills brain cells. Nothing the government proves is gonna stop me from smoking.

6. Not really. Most of our states and territories have decriminalised it. Proportionally speaking, it's less illegal across the country than it is in the States. This one bullshit study, probably funded by government with corrupt interests, isn't indicative of the overall legal attitude.

7. It stimulates brain cells, and KILLS cancer cells!

Tommy Chong is now cured from using his "hollistic therapy" involving hemp oil :D