New Art Supplies

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by dpc1192, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I Havent been on in forever, for xmas i got a pack of 24 prismacolor markers, a little thing of prismacolor colored pencils (anygood??) and a sketchpad. A while back i posted a few pictures i did with sharpies, one of a marshmellow man looking thing, and another of a bald man with a beard and birds....

We'll what are some cool techniques or styles of art you can do with these great markers??? And does anyone have some work they've done with markers they can share?? Thanks Alot, oh and I'd like to thank Palmer Eldrich for showing me these markers a while back!

2. PrismaColor markers and pencils are awesome,

here is some stuff I did,

The First Spidey was done in about 91, by hand all pencil, then inks, then colors, you will notice the degredation in color over the years.

the other two are brand new, done in the same media about a month ago.

All are hand drawn duplications of original (now sort of classic) Todd McFarlene comic book covers of the early 90's. Hope that answers your questions.

Attached Files:

3. indeed, markers be awesome. use them well. best advice I can give is have a plan before you start and then work fast in order to blend properly.