new anti-pot commericals SUCK

Discussion in 'General' started by Dread7Green, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Sorry just need to vent and see if im the only one that finds these new anti-pot commercials REDICULOUS... Is this what they've come to? I mean seriously a fucking dog and a boy drawn poorly, with shity music? This is so frustrating.. i hate how they portray pot... like we can't quit, and it ruins our lifes.. i'd like to find the creators and ... yea :D
    -Dave

2. Lol we and my friend were toking in his house when that commercial came up.. we couldnt stop laughing. Then he switched the channel and some teenagers that had a diesese and they weighed like 30 pounds and he started screaming "DEVIL SPAWN" at the TV.

3. i know what you mean have you seen the other one where the boys girl friend flys to outer space because her boy friend smoked pot. its so retarted. when i first saw it i thought it was about the warnning of having laced bud cuz the girl friend in the commercial flys away with an alien. it was a funny commercial though

4. They were all drawn by some stoned fuck anyway.

I think they're amusing. I do hope some people take those commercials to heart... anyone who would a) quit smoking cannabis b) never try it because of those commercials, definately has no place smoking in the first place. It's almost like a recruitment process for us...

And the music isn't that bad. Well, not on all of them.

5. wow all these commercials are retarded

6. It does almost seem like the American Government is making commercials designed to get people to start smoking pot at a young age. It does almost seem like that indeed.

7. only way my girl or dog would leave with an alien is if they had some better herb then me, and shit i might tag along too. smoke some anti gravity lightspeed weed and cruise the galaxy :smoking:

8. "You dissapoint me"

9. The music is good on that commercial.

I'm getting fed up with this bull-shit, I know there's pressure out there to smoke pot when you're younger, but more than anything it's up to the parents to teach their kids about it.

My parents taught me about cigarettes, and at how pointless they are. I've never smoked one in my life, and I don't plan on it.

Fucking parents just blame everybody else but themselves for the problems their kids have.

Not saying weed is a problem.

I'm too high, I'm gonna stop.

10. My favorite is when the alien on the guys shirt is talking hahaha..

I just laugh, they dont portray stoners at all, but hey what can you do..

i just laugh lmao, the irony, watching an anit-drug commercial blitzed out of your face haha

11. Spread knowledge and information, become active in the cannabis community and combat the horrible stereotype.

12. Combating the stereotype won't do much, in itself.

You'd have a better shot at getting the ones who stereotype us to just stop generalizing things around them, in general.

The tricky part about stereotypes is that there's always some truth to it. There's plenty of stereotypical smokers out there. And there always will be, unfortunately. We can make our image in to the perfect one, all we want... well at least attempt... and a few idiots are always going to look at us from afar and say "Hey... I think I'ma try smokin' that thar plant."

And they will... and they'll be the ones who end up on national news, being made an example out of.

13. I disagree.

Think about all the people you meet, think about the impressions you leave on them. I see hundreds of members on here who must leave a wake of people thing "god damn useless stoners, he/she's a prime example!"

With every person I meet, I try and leave the impression (in regard to cannabis use), that these individuals can just as easily be intelligent, outgoing, responsible contributing members of society.

I would also like to say that stereotypes can be very useful in many cases, especially in debate. It's true that it seems the vast majority of open cannabis users seem to love the little social niche they've carve out. They love to wallow in low expectations and projected blame.

I'm not saying we'll ever destroy the stereotype, because we won't. But if you can make a dozen people, in your daily life, realize that this stereotype is certainly not applicable to every cannabis-user, than you have done a service for the cannabis community.

I for one am sick of being assuming a bunch of things about me, just because i enjoy cannabis.

anyways, I think I'm ranting.

14. My friend who's done meth a few times I chill with sometimes usually buy weed from has seen the anti-meth commercials with me and he said he was really pissed off about that like alot of junkies/addicts can control their addictions they just have nothing in life to do so they just shoot up or smoke up. Makes sense no where to go, very little money, what else you got to do. The commericals show they can't and you do it once its OVER. The worst thing that pisses me off is that MTV show like I think its Maui Fever or something and they show senior high school kids drinking and its all about sex and they're all rich spoiled kids and shit really bothers me. Then like the pansy show juvies comes on and they have these stupid kids whine about juvie which isn't bad at all and its basically like so MTV you promote drinking partying and sex but you don't at the same time by showing where you may end up if you drink and party and such??????:confused:I saw those 2 shows last night for the first time and just laughed it was so stupid.They're literally teaching kids how to act and live as a teenager its horrible.

15. I totally agree with you in general, Rasta, about spreading the knowledge, and what not.

I'm just saying unfortunately, we're never going to kill the stereotype itself.

We have to do exactly what you said basically, and give the ones who would stereotype us, no reason to do so.

But there's always gonna be someone who you swear to god is the real life incarnation of Tommy Chong, ya know?

16. Very good point. and yea they have to be stoned the guy looks like a horse.

17. yea i agree 100% witht he commericals, their hilarious. i wonder if any of those situations ever happend to provoke the ideas? like that one with the kid who gets call from his freind saying he like raped his sister cuz he was high lol.. ive been known to get horny, but not the point of rape.. come on now people! and this wasnt exactly a commerical but it was an adverisment in a magazine..

there was a kid smoking a joint(cartoon) and his dog with a though bubble over his head "I guess i'll just walk mysself".. basically that is saying if you smoke weed your dog will get fat cuz you wont walk him? thats what i got out of it. and on the flipside of that page was another live above the influnce one where a kid was like "I smoke weed to be cooL" and some kids like "try football".. like ok come on we all know smoking gets us the ladies/ oh and one more, there was a huge pot leaf on a page, with a maze inside of it, with a start but no end. apprently its stating that once you start in the "maze" of weed there is no way out, and you will die unless you live above the influcnece.

I noticed that all anti-weed commericals are trying to make us realize that, it makes us lazy, hungry, and horny.. but now look at all the cigarete commericals, where that dudes like U DONT ALWAYS DIE FROM TOBACCO with a hole in his throat. now i mean come on, a legal substances anti-commericals all show death, harm, and destruction, yet weed talks about the 3 things that make most people happy, A.doing nothing B. Eating bangin food, C. having sex!

18. next weeks better hahahaha silly dog

19. I like the music in them