New and on my own

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SlightlyOff, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I'll jump right into it, I've had this itch lately and Beer just won't do. The last time I bought weed was this past March and the last time before that was the summer of 2000. I live in Ga and as you know we don't believe in mmj or the right to relax anyway you want to after a hard days work.(at least for now) So I guess my story is more of a testimony as to how certain laws affect people.
    I started to crave smoking again this past year for whatever reason and didn't know anybody who did. I had no connections. I called a couple friends whom i thought knew of some people but everything was a dead end. Being as determined as I was, I made the journey one day to what is called little five points in Atl to see what I could find. After walking around for about twenty minutes by myself I caught eyes with a guy with dreads standing next to a table that had glass bowls for sale and he made the smoking gesture with his hands. I approached him and he offered me some weed. Anyway, the way that it worked was he got into my car and we drove to some nasty, run down apartment deal downtown. The guy got my money went inside and came back fifteen minutes later with a small bag. We had discussed getting a quarter of mids, it ended up being an eigth of "almost" mids. It was so uncomfortable that I didn't care, I just wanted to leave. So I drove him back to the spot and dropped him off after he of course asked for a nug, sure, whatever. Once I got home and rolled one up I was still somewhat distracted by my experience and really didn't get a good high, even the next couple of tries the days following just seemed to be all paranoia and no enjoyment. Failure.
    My point is this now, I have a wife, two awesome kids, house, job, choc. lab, the works right? Where does Mary J fit into all this? I've made jokes to my wife about moving to northern Cali or Denver but it's not likely. It's unfortunate I guess, b/c of the ccircumstances I faced this last March I drove to Atl by myself and pretty much put myself in harms way over an eigth of schwag for what? A crappy high? (also the guy wanted about $200 for a quarter of trainwreck or ak 47) It's just not worth it. I saw the other day on craigslist in Cali and Colo. that people are advertising mmj for sale and for delivery. DELIVERY!!! people in this state have to hide while others advertise..? Crazy.
    That being said, I've watched about every documentary on Netflix and youtube about weed and read every article I can waiting until the day I can light one up in peace.
    Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing what advice and words of wisdom some of you more experienced people have to say. I know I'm not the only one with a family and the taste for something illegal.....for the moment. Peace!

2. :wave: Welcome to GC!