Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

~New And Need Help~

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bml, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hey everyone! This is my first post. I am relatively new to smoking. I've smoked cigarets, and weed a few times, once from a soda can, and once with some papers and a filter. I would like to have an easy way to smoke once I get some weed (my friends get it every other time.) I need schooling on all the ways I can smoke. I can order things online, but I wouldn't want to spend over $100. I also would like to know some good prices for a certain amount, and how much I should put in a blunt/pipe/whatever's good and how much for a person to get them high. If you think there is anything I should know as a noob besides this stuff feel free to say it. Thanks all!

2. Small pipe.

Put some weed in it.

Smoke it.

Wait about 15 minutes minutes and if you need more, smoke more.

3. First of all, get yourself a little pipe and never smoke from a pop can again. We've all been there, unfortunately. But it's time for you to move on to healthier ways of smoking! :) You can get some small spoon pipes that hit really well at almost any corner store for under 10 bucks.

There really isn't much more to it than what Grizzly said. But if you have any specific questions later on, don't hesitate to search* or ask.

*I say search first because a LOT of questions have been asked and answered several times on these forums and you're likely to find what you're looking for that way.

[​IMG]

4. You can get small glass pipes for cheap. That's what I'd go with if I wanted to spend the least amount of money. 

5. Costs may vary depending on where you are! West Coast is generally cheaper than the East Coast (assuming you're American), but I live in the east and I get an ounce of mids for $200, and the danker stuff is more like $240 an ounce. Since you're beginning smoking though, you're probably gonna be getting eighths (like $35-$40), or quarters (like $60). There may be some fluctuation in the price depending on what you get. My advice, don't bother with grams. Getting it gram by gram was my worst mistake when I was a novice. So much wasted money. Don't be so naive haha.

For under $100, just get a glass pipe or a small water pipe. You can just buy those at any head shop and they really range depending on the size, quality, type. There's a lot of different pieces, but for a first timer, I'd go for a regular glass bowl just because they're really functional. 

You can smoke through water which filters the smoke a little using bongs and other water pipes, vaporize, joints, blunts, and pipes of many different varieties. You'll pick most of it up as you go along. For packing a bowl, use a folded business card the hot dog way, and then push in your ground up weed. If you don't have a grinder, use your fingers to break it apart, or you could just shove a nug into the bowl. I'd recommend getting a grinder that's a 4 piece, so you can get a kief trap. Kief is pretty much straight THC and will get you wicked high if you pack a little in with your weed. But yeah, once the weed is in, then use your fingers to lightly press it down until it's as full as you want.

And then yeah, you'll probably only need 1 bowl, but if you need more, then just pack another if you're not feeling high enough. If you start smoking regularly you'll build up a tolerance, so if you've been smoking a whole lot and it's a lot harder to get a decent high then it's wise to drop weed for a week or two so you can lose some of the tolerance.

Have fun!

6. I'm a little young so I probably can't just buy one in a store, so should I do it online? And do you need a filter when smoking from a pipe?

7. #7 Msnarls, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    Yeah you can probably get one online easily. Working for the post office, I know some places include a service which requires an adult (21+) signature upon delivery for alcohol...but as far as pipes go, I have no idea.

You don't necessarily need a filter when smoking from a pipe, but it will definitely help cut back on scooby snacks. (plant matter that gets sucked through the hole) The holes on pipes vary in size; some need them, some don't.

8. Not sure if it's against GC rules to say other places to get pieces, but I've ordered a few from smokeday.com. Shipping was quick, they even have an option for $10 bowls, which the quality of glass really isn't too bad. When they ship it it comes in a yellow envelope lined with bubble wrap and the pieces are bubble wrapped, so they won't break in transit. Also, they'll send you a grinder, one hitter, and screens for free (the grinder isn't a good grinder at all but it's better than nothing). Also on the packaging it says Natives LE, so you don't have to worry about anyone knowing what's in the envelope. Good luck!