New and in search of enlightenment?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CSCFarmer107, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, new to the site. A friend told me everyone here is real kooh bout helping out newbies. I've had my MJ Card for a year and thought maybe start my own personal grow station. I recently got this Bubble Gum Kush Clone and have 4 Hindu kush germinated seedlings that I recently planted 3 days ago. I think I need help. It seems that the germinated seedlings aren't doing anything yet and they been in the soil for 3 days and my bubble gum seems to be growing slow plus it keeps changing from forming 5 leaves to 3 back and forth although it still looks healthy. I know you might need the pictures to look @ and help determine so I will place those after this. Please help me.

2. If you did not presoak the seeds, it can take up to 7-10 days to germinate. If you are new to growing, you should read the stickies on how to grow. If you want dank medicine and avoid having your plants die, read up.

3. when you transplanted, seedlings have to grow roots. then they grow up. dont panic-- 3 days is nothin. yes post progress pics. welcome to the forum:wave:

4. Well Smokey I have but what I noticed is that reading really doesn't help you much need input from other Doc's. Reading only gets you so far. Another thing is that I know how to germinate and how to plant, that wasn't the question, the question was why are they taking so long to grow and sprout out. Thank you blkwhtdog, since you said that, I noticed that they something is starting to happen, lol. Need to learn more patience I guess, lol. But I need more light, what would you recommend

5. Another thing is that everytime I try to post a pic this site doesn't allow it. What am I doing wrong, the pics are in jpg format?

6. Maybe your pics are to big. If you need to resize them there are alot fo free programs that can do it just do a google search or another way would be to host them on websites like Imageshack and post the URL link to them. When I need to resize a pic I use Pixresizer.

7. Yeah, your pictures are probably too big. I find it isn't so much the dimensions but more the file size. Anything much over 1MB is going to take a while to upload, and I think the FTP times out.

I suggest 27w day light 5000K to 6500K CFL bulbs in clamp light reflectors for young seedlings. Works good for me. I also find that it takes 60 to 96 hours before I see my seedlings sprout on the average.