new almost finished artwork

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Palmer Eldritch, Oct 24, 2007.

1. this is something that i've been working on during the lectures in my class. Theres a few things left i need to do still. add some faint trees on the horizon, add shadows to the top of the front left tree, add a face to the girl of course and define the person on the right a bit more.

[​IMG]

2. Wow, thats pretty damn beautiful. :eek: You got any other artwork?

3. wow to say the least you are extremely talented.. im stil l struggling with stick figures :p

4. Very impressive.

5. beautiful =)

6. What a beautiful picture! I can make assumptions about who the two main people are, but who is the man on the right? Are there any other people in it that we might have missed? Are those magic mushrooms? :)

7. thanks guys, its been fun to do this piece at my own pace, you definitely get the best results when you are supposed to be doing something else :)

Brantano: you can click my signature to get to my website (synestheticstudios.com) Its not quite up to date but it shows a decent collection.

Jah_Zarathustra: I'm curious as to what you think these people are. The image does have a complete contextual background so I want to see if the message gets through without me saying it verbally. There aren't any other people shown, although I assume that there are others of these creatures in much of the local forest. Those mushrooms, are in fact magic :) although they are Amanitas. You get the drunk, scale altering feel from them, but you don't trip.

8. I was thinking Adam and Eve, but I am not sure that is correct because then who would be the hunched "half-man" on the right?

9. nope not quite, good guess at a creation myth though. The concept behind it is that these tree nymphs, for a lack of a better word, grow out of the trees as part of their natural birth process. Normally they are never able to separate completely from their own tree, but in some cases they find a partner nearby to help pull themselves out of the tree. so after years of pulling on each other, they become free and able to walk around the forest. They reproduce like a human afterward or join together to form a new tree. The third nymph on the right never got the opportunity to escape so he's sad and lonely. Eventually he'll rot and be reabsorbed by the ground.
    I'm sure that each creature represents a person in the artists life if you wanted to analyze it further.

10. Well shit, you learn something new everyday. Poor lonely nymph...

Anyways, keep the artwork coming!

11. Very nice, man... are you in art school or are you self taught? Pretty impressive either way... I like the stuff on your site too.

12. thanks cosmic :) I need to update my site, i've done a few things recently that warrants a spot in the gallery.

i gotta say i learned about 75% of what i know now by the time i was about 15 or 16. since then the education has been more media specific rather than broad aesthetic theories. What I can do now is pretty much the result of practice.
    But yeah I did go to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for a while but dropped out for a several different reasons and now I'm attending a fine institution in the northwest that has great science as well as art courses. Last year I did a mix of ecology/biology and art. Right now I'm doing a study into religious imagery where we learn how to work fine metals and copper plate print making along with history and sociology.

13. Damn man thats awsome! Great job, +rep!

14. Very nice man, beautiful job! :hello:

15. thanks salaam.
    I think I got it pretty much finished now. Theres only a few little points that I'll go over in the next week or so to tweak. That womans face was a bitch to get looking decently. I still don't like it. one eye is higher than the other... bah! I don't normally have that problem, but I wasn't looking at reference which would have helped if i had.
    [​IMG]